Your first license to carry, what state and what first carry piece.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Indiana approximately 1975. Was probably a POS Star PS 45 ACP....... Carried "Mexican" to my brothers eternal shame. No ragrats.:)

No longer have that turd, but I can show you the series 70 Colt Govt Model I traded it for. (seriously, gave it and a Sterling 22 and $50 for the Colt)

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    With a permit, 1980, when Indiana became a shall issue state. Gun was a Interarms Silver Cup.

Like this one
    silvercup45.jpg

Last edited:

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana in 2012, Springfield XD. Wish I had't given that one up. Thinking about the new XD Mod 2.

arctic427

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Indy
    INDIANA 1987 AND IT WAS A REMINGTON UMC 1911 still have and still carry it on occasion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    Ohio was my first, just a few years ago after I left the PRK (Peoples Republik of Kalifornia). Getting a carry permit in Cali was and is damn near impossible being that it's a "may carry" state where you have to show a compelling need to carry. I got my Ohio CHL in 2015 about a year after arriving there. Then changed to Indiana in 2017 when I moved. My carry gun was and is a S&W M&P9c in a Bravo Concealment IWB Torsion holster.

coorslight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Carver. MA.
    Massachusetts 1981, was home on leave and had to renew my license, so was able to upgrade to personal protection, that's what they called
    it back then. first carry gun S&W model 19 .357. Put it in a shoulder holster thru a lite jacket on and walked down to the local variety store to buy a pack of smokes it was about 10pm. as I got to within 50 yards of the store a guy ran out with a shotgun, jumped in a van and took off. First time carrying and was 5 minutes late to being in the middle of a robbery. I HAVE BEEN CARRYING EVERSINCE!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Again guys, yes I was in the US Army, Ft. Bliss TX a Buck Sergeant, in an 978 MP CO, other soldiers in my unit had one, so I filled out some forms, I went before a Judge, in his courtroom and was issued a white CCW card.
    I still got it someplace, never used it or showed it and by 1981, was back in Korea.
    Judge only asked me why I wanted one, and I said for personal protection, I think it was $35?!?
    It was a white card with the Texas Sate Seal on the front.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    2010 while I was still in high school. In Indiana. With a high school budget I had a family member gift me a Taurus pt111 pro in 9mm. Still have it, but haven’t put a round through it in about 7 years.

Top Bottom