• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Lol. You forgot: "you are deeply personally offended by this post and unable to laugh at yourself..."

How many of those do you have to have before your "tacticalicity" is too tacticool?

Guilty of the "zero" instead of "oh" but in all fairness I was doing that before it was (tacti)cool.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    proud to say I dont fit any of the above :)

Wow...I to hope you never need to bolt and run for cover. BOB covers everything That could be anything from a flood to a mass fire. Tornadoes are a ***** as well. Just saying....hope you never need one.

Meth central is just about any place that is "Urban" these days. Sister has issues with some locals that I am positive are on the s%#t. She is in between Monrovia and Martinsville.
    Other family in Putnam Co. have lost members to the idiocy and it is rampant out there.

vtxrecruiter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    West Indy
    With some slight modifications... OUCH.

The entire reason I posted this thread is that it was a fun way to show how gun owners have their own language, customs, and patterns of thought. I actually believe that a little "Tommy Tactical" is a good thing. The Tacticality mindset allows clear and safe navigation through an increasingly muddied world. If I were to check off everything that I am a little guilty of, it would make me giggle at myself. Have a safe and tactical day INGO memebers. I and the K9 unit are late on our DMP.

Last edited:

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I'm sitting here at my Tactical Internet Access Portal, wearing Tactical Undergarments, when I just realized, I normally travel to town with only one gun and 24 rounds of .45 ammo. I don't expect trouble, but now I feel undergunned. Need to carry more pistol magazines and keep an AR with 100+ rnds in my tactical response vehicle.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've been lined up with several of those for years, even before my first firearm, so they just come naturally. Oh is not a number. That offends me viscerally. GMT (now UTC "coordinated universal time" or just "zulu") comes into ham radio, and I'm [STRIKE]disappointed[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]annoyed[/STRIKE] furious at any clock I have that won't do 24 hour time.:xmad: Phonetics comes from radio as well, and I'm amused by the lame police ones.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm amused by the lame police ones.

There's others? Like what?
    Or maybe I'm using the lame police ones and I don't know it. Here's the ones I use; Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta Echo Foxtrot Golf Hotel India Juliette Kilo Lima Mark November Oscar Papa Quebec Romeo Sierra Tango Uniform Victor Whiskey X-ray Yankee Zulu...
    What others are there?

Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    I think I'm too fat to be tactical...cant imagine stretching under armor over my generous physic...but it appears I'm guilty of many offenses. Could be my childhood spent as an army brat and having a brother that's a lifer. It grows on you...and the lingo is succinct.
    Thanks for the laugh!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I went through the list with the boys and they got a good laugh. Guilty on several counts but no one walks around all " T-Tommied" around here.

T/C Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    North of South Bend

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Huh. Weird. You'd think they'd all be the same for the sake of clarity.
    Thanks for the link.

I think its clear by using almost any easily recognizable word.
    A single sound can be misinterpreted. V-D-E too hard to differentiate.
    Vegan-Dunkin-Echo works just as good.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    The only thing in the original list that I'm guilty of is calling my paycheck an LES. But then again I do work for the DoD (civilian though).
    :dunno:

I'm not an offender of anything on the list really, although I do rather like the idea of calling my dog my k-9 unit. :):

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    There's others? Like what?
    Or maybe I'm using the lame police ones and I don't know it. Here's the ones I use; Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta Echo Foxtrot Golf Hotel India Juliette Kilo Lima Mike November Oscar Papa Quebec Romeo Sierra Tango Uniform Victor Whiskey X-ray Yankee Zulu...
    What others are there?

FTFY...

I refuse to answer how many of these may or may not be true:) I blame the Army:patriot:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You have a cousin Oscar? Awesome!!:):

LOL!! No... two cousins, Mike and Mark. I was talkin' to the wrong one, I guess!
    But once I had a fish named Oscar! Because guess what kind of fish it was!
    :D

astronontus-ocellatus-oscar-fish.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom