• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    ... you talk about historical events with people too young to know of them.

I was telling a coin shop owner about a revolver I had just bought that was originally purchased during the surge in local gun sales after the Hollandburg massacre. It had been test fired and put up in drawer loaded. I asked, "Where were you living in 1977?" His response, "I was just a twinkle in my Dad's eye."

Also my younger sister has grandchildren old enough to drink.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What I have noticed, is kids would rather be in their bedrooms instead of outside. When I was their age that was a punishment. lol but than again so was getting your mouth washed out with soap! today we have Tide pods lol wow have things changed
    Outdoors was freedom, the bike was freedom, the car or truck was freedom. Note, WAS.

The phone IS their freedom. Many do not even want a driver’s license. I suspect that given a choice of sex or phone, most would choose phone…

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Outdoors was freedom, the bike was freedom, the car or truck was freedom. Note, WAS.

The phone IS their freedom. Many do not even want a driver’s license. I suspect that given a choice of sex or phone, most would choose phone…
    You aren't lying. But it can be a tossup between a phone or gaming console or both. My dad always carried a handkerchief around to blow his nose. And complained that my generation has lost sight of good hygiene.

Last edited:

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009

My oldest step son is this... he turned 15 last jan. I told him to study and get a permit. He spent all summer at his dads. We told him he has plenty of time to work and save and to get drivers ed done and a permit. Nevsr did it. Told him a car is the start to independence. Still no interest. Then he expects us to drive him to crap to which I reply.. drive yourself..ooohhh wait.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    My oldest step son is this... he turned 15 last jan. I told him to study and get a permit. He spent all summer at his dads. We told him he has plenty of time to work and save and to get drivers ed done and a permit. Nevsr did it. Told him a car is the start to independence. Still no interest. Then he expects us to drive him to crap to which I reply.. drive yourself..ooohhh wait.
    We had my step son start mowing lawns when he was 14. If he wanted a car, he was going to earn it.

We loaned him the $100 and wrote up loan paperwork. After making that first payment to us, he wanted to pay it off ASAP.

He was he only one of his friends with a car and a license. After a year of being their chauffeur and the only one to pay for their outings, he quickly found new friends to hangout with...

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    We had my step son start mowing lawns when he was 14. If he wanted a car, he was going to earn it.

We loaned him the $100 and wrote up loan paperwork. After making that first payment to us, he wanted to pay it off ASAP.

He was he only one of his friends with a car and a license. After a year of being their chauffeur and the only one to pay for their outings, he quickly found new friends to hangout with...
    We've tried excited same thing. His bio dad has told him he doesn't need to work and we should be providing everything so he can play sports.. its a uphill losing battle on our side.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My grandson is 3 and can't wait to drive! His little sister is also on track to be a good driver, but he steers much better than she does at this point. My daughter and SIL have said they are not getting the kids tablets/electronic toys, and the kids spend most days outside. It really is nice to see them playing and learning. Cole wants to do everything Grandpa is doing, which usually involves mechanical projects of some sort.

Top Bottom