• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, now I'm starting to get a bit worried. Stopped by Wanamaker today, just to see if they had anything new in and ended up with a Hungarian M44. I already have an M38, 91/30 and M44. I am not even really crazy about the M44. Yet, I do like this one. It is one of the best M44's I have seen and has a really nice trigger action. This is a sickness and it's getting worse.

BTW, I just put a scout scope on the M38 and am hoping to sight it in on Sunday. I guess I'll just have to take the new one out for a test drive at the same time. Good thing Bradis has bulk surplus 7.62x54R. I may need to pick another can up.

demmons

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Congrats on the new Mosin. Great shooter and a piece of history for $100 -$150 can't go wrong everybody needs at least one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I may have to break down and get me one. Everyone else seems to have one but me...

Be careful. They can be addictive. To be honest, I did not like mine the first time I shot it. I was much happier shooting the SKS, but now the SKS sits at home while the Mosin has all the fun. I just put a scope on the M38 this afternoon and for a total of under $200, have a decent scout rifle.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the new M44. I may swap the rear sight for a peep sight, but I don't know. All I know at this point is that I like it a bunch and can't wait to have some fun with it.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I started with one, just sold 3 and still have 12 left.

I think it's time for another group buy.
    I bought another gun Cabinet and need to fill it. :)

southin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Southern IN.
    91/30's are still relatively easy to get, but around here anyway M38 and 44's are tough to find. Even tougher finding a numbers matching one of any, and that's not been counterbored.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Bradis had a couple M44s and Wanamaker has at least two. As Southin said though, most are counterbored so take a flashlight and check the them out. I don't necessarily rule out a counterbored barrel, but will always looks for the best I can find. M38s are tough to find now though.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    91/30's are still relatively easy to get, but around here anyway M38 and 44's are tough to find. Even tougher finding a numbers matching one of any, and that's not been counterbored.

Nothing wrong with counterboring a barrel.
    Actually a fix for a bad crown.

I own 7+ M38's and all are counterbored, Never seen one that wasn't.

Top Bottom