• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    Finally got to go out and shoot both of my handguns.

Shot almost 100 rounds out of the LCP. I'd have to say the LCP has a really long trigger pull. Seemed harder to aim and you would need to be close up to do some damage. I was using Remington target rounds so maybe some personal defense hollow points would be better. I had a few jam ups on the first round of the clip. Not always but about 1 out of 5 times. It seems that if you don't pull the slide back and let it go ALL the way out you get that to happen. But all in all not too shabby.

Now the XD on the other hand...wow...like butter. The trigger pull was smooth and easy. Aiming was a breeze. Never jammed up. If the thing wasn't so chubby I'd prefer to carry that but the LCP is so much lighter and smaller. All in all, the XD is exactly like everyone said it would be...NICE.

Anyway, just my 2 cents in case anyway was interested.
    :ar15:

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Just an FYI, you should ALWAYS let the slide slam home by completely retracting and releasing. Do NOT ease the slide back. The slide does not ease back during firing, so why let it when chambering a fresh mag?

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    Just an FYI, you should ALWAYS let the slide slam home by completely retracting and releasing. Do NOT ease the slide back. The slide does not ease back during firing, so why let it when chambering a fresh mag?

I know what you mean but I'm talking minimal pressue here. If you don't pull back and "let it fly" from the MAXIMUM distance possible then you are more likely to get a failure to feed. Now the XD on the other hand...no problems at all. Seems like maybe something that will get better with time and some more wear or a polish maybe. Not sure yet. Still a fun little gun and easy to carry.

maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    It took about 300 rounds through my LCP to feel comfortable with the trigger pull. It is very much like the Taurus 38 I have. When you are use to shooting Glocks or the XD defiantly some getting use to.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    That's why they put slide releases on them. The only time in my opinion you should rack the slide, and from my Military training. Is when you have a malfunction. Either you have a stove pipe, or you pull the trigger and the weapon does not fire. You get in the habit of doing so. During a stressful situation you may not sling the slide hard enough my :twocents:.

Top Bottom