• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    OK, my house is clean ie. no dishes in the sink no trash no food anywhere but the fridge and I am swamped with this little flying menaces. I tried the beer in a saucer but my cat keep drinking it, so now I have a retarded drunk cat and am still cursed by gnats.

Anyone have any tips on how to rid my home of these creatures?

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Use a small jar,fill the bottom 1/4 inch with oil.
    Then put a small piece of fruit in the gar.
    Cover with a funnel.

They will be attracted to the fruit, trapped by the funnel, and drown in the oil when they land.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Saucer had about 3oz of Anheuser's cheapest she smashed it and about 15mins later she became an angry drunk and started using gorilla tactics on me. She will casually walk by and suddenly turn and attack my leg then runs off and hides. She has done this about 3 times now Im starting to get cat shy!

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Get 4 bowls, (ones you can throw away after) Get some apple vinegar and some dish soap.
    Fill the bowls half way with vinegar then add 2 tablespoons of dish soap in each bowl. Cover with saran wrap then poke holes in the saran wrap and put in the most infected area. theyll go in and drown.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    The gnats are breeding in the water in your drain traps. Add an ounce of mouthwash or ammonia to each trap in the house before you go to sleep. Used in conjunction with one of the other methods mentioned above this should clear your house up in short order. Instead of a beer bowl I prefer a half glass of wine with a drop of dish soap in it.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    The gnats are breeding in the water in your drain traps. Add an ounce of mouthwash or ammonia to each trap in the house before you go to sleep. Used in conjunction with one of the other methods mentioned above this should clear your house up in short order. Instead of a beer bowl I prefer a half glass of wine with a drop of dish soap in it.

They are around my sinks, Ill give it a shot! THX

Top Bottom