• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    This is really about two things, but they're both on the same page, so I'm putting them in the same thread.

First, a friend of mine brought to my attention this article in the Wall Street Journal. The article is covers the basics of the Supreme Court case regarding the Second Amendment as a fundamental and individual right that "shall not be infringed" by states or cities, not just the federal government.

Then I noticed there is a poll about 3/4 of the way down the page asking whether the readers think the S.C. should rule that states and cities cannot infringe upon the right of the people to own and carry (keep and bear) arms. As of right now, we're about 75/20 in the right direction (with the rest unsure). Let's keep it that way... Go vote!

Link -> High Court Leans to Gun-Rights Side - WSJ.com

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :dunno: I don't see any poll?
    Left side of the page. There's a picture of Otis McDonald, then a pic of Mark Diaz (Schrank's gun shop of IL) and below that, you'll find the poll:

Should the Supreme Court overturn an 1886 precedent and strike down state and local gun control laws?
    77% 693 votes YES
    20.1% 181 votes NO
    2.9% 26 votes NOT SURE

Guess what I voted! (No, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell they will... but I do think they should.)

Blessings,
    Bill

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    I believe that SCOTUS will overturn but will do so in such vague terms that it will allow the liberal legal system to significantly neutralize the intended, positive result.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I believe that SCOTUS will overturn but will do so in such vague terms that it will allow the liberal legal system to significantly neutralize the intended, positive result.
    That is a possiblity. However, I am sure Chicago has a team of lawyers ready to find loopholes if the Supreme Court rules against them.

Top Bottom