• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    DO NOT PLAY ALONG!!!

A few years ago, I kept getting texts and voicemails for some kid named Jackson. Well, I eventually played along because they would not believe I wasn't Jackson. It was FUNNY as hell. Apparently this Jackson was a ladies man and this girl was OBSESSED with him. The first time she sent me a picture of her underwear I realized she could not be more than 15 and it was no longer funny. I FREAKED OUT and blocked the number.

400px-chris_hansen_watchingyou.jpg

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I was going to say, answer, explain that its not who he is looking for. IF it continues after that, go for the block. MAYBE they will get the answer then

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The boss gave me his teenage son's old phone for work once. Apparently he did not all his girlfriends that his number had changed.

I've always used my personal phone at work. Several of the jobs have phones that are shared between shifts. A dayshift guy used his work phone for personal pleasure and the night shift guy that was supposed to use his phone kept getting called one night so he finally answered it. It was an obviously inebriated lady looking for the day shift guy. She wouldn't believe the night shift guy wasn't him. Once he finally convinced her the day shift guy wasn't there, she asked him if he wanted to come over and pay her a visit. I won't use a shared phone. Last thing I need is my boss coming to me with a phone bill wanting to know what all the calls are about or hearing the other guys' lady drama.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I love wrong numbers.

Female Caller: Is Steve there?

Me: No, he left

Female Caller: He did. Did he say where too?

Me: No, he just said him and Stacy would be back later

Female caller: Who the hell is Stacy?

You get the idea

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My moms cell number is the same as a colon doctor in Evansville. Different area code though. She gets several calls a week for them. Sometimes they give TMI...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You should tell Pepe that you're Danny and you've got over 100 games and he can borrow any of them but you have a condition...you want to take the friendship to a whole different level. Nobody else needs to know but you've had feelings for him for awhile now.

I had a kid pranking me with spammed texts and random phone calls. He made the mistake of calling from his dad's house phone without blocking the number. I started doing some internet detective work. I ended up finding out about his parents divorce, both their bankruptcy cases, found his dad's public Google Docs resume (and subtly enhanced it), and the address of his parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I told the kid I knew exactly who he was and if he didn't stop, I'd step things up a bit.

He didn't stop. A m4m ad was placed on Craigslist with a random picture found on the internet. It said something about an 18 year old curious for older teacher. I placed it in South Bend, Ft. Wayne, and Indy saying to call the number for a meeting place or if they could host. The spam messages went on for most of Friday night and a good part of Saturday. Sunday morning the kid texted apologizing saying he learned that you shouldn't play on the phone as some people play the game by different rules and the men up to his grandpa's age were calling him non-stop and being really creepy.

I took the ad down and haven't heard another word from the kid. Good times were had by all.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    When my wife and I first got together she got a new phone and immediately started receiving weird texts from a California number that became increasingly angry when she didn't respond. They started sending pics of this Hispanic guy making gang signs so we had the number changed. Wasn't really a big deal though since it was a new number and we hadn't given it out yet.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My first cell phone ever was "Jason"s old number. Jason had a lot of female acquaintances who were pretty angry that a female answered his phone.
    Quite a few of them didn't believe that it was now somebody else's phone number and thought I was trying to pull something over on them...
    Whatever. It went on too long for me to have patience with so I changed the number.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Any ideas on how to get even with a collection agency that keeps calling? I told the lady 2 weeks ago, that I don't know anyone named Wendy. She replies" this is the number I have for her". I even gave the old twit my my name, and city. Another message today. Call the number, some guy answers, I go through the whole deal again. He pretty much told me theyre going to keep calling. I went off on him, and he hung up pn me because "my language". Lol. I work nights, sleep days. Very few people have my number. I only leave my phone on, in case my parents have an emergency.( they are 87 and 89) Should I just keep calling thesr dillweeds and verbally abusing them? Maybe they will block my number? I can't help but think that the idiots are dialing the wrong area code. Number comes from 763, and I'm 765. I suggested this to the morons, but they insist they have the right number.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Any ideas on how to get even with a collection agency that keeps calling? I told the lady 2 weeks ago, that I don't know anyone named Wendy. She replies" this is the number I have for her". I even gave the old twit my my name, and city. Another message today. Call the number, some guy answers, I go through the whole deal again. He pretty much told me theyre going to keep calling. I went off on him, and he hung up pn me because "my language". Lol. I work nights, sleep days. Very few people have my number. I only leave my phone on, in case my parents have an emergency.( they are 87 and 89) Should I just keep calling thesr dillweeds and verbally abusing them? Maybe they will block my number? I can't help but think that the idiots are dialing the wrong area code. Number comes from 763, and I'm 765. I suggested this to the morons, but they insist they have the right number.

Cease and Desist Letter for Wrong Number

Address the letter as normal, with the date, your name, and your address at the top, followed by the debt collector’s information. Then, use this text to stop calls. Make sure you update the bold parts to fit your situation.

Pursuant to my rights under federal debt collection laws, I am requesting that you cease and desist calls to ###-###-#### in relation to the account of [wrong person’s first and last name]. This is the wrong number to contact that person.

You are hereby notified that if you do not comply with this request, I will immediately file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the [your state here] Attorney General’s office. Civil and criminal claims will be pursued

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    A couple of Decembers ago, on the way back from Bradis, in fact, I got a call on my cell from some chick that was all worked up. She thought I was her SO, and cursed me all up and down, how she was going to, um, emasculate me when I got home, that kind of thing. Every time I tried to get a word in edgewise, she lit into me again, and finally hung up. I called back, hoping to prevent the poor guy she thought she was talking to from walking into that unknowingly. I got voice mail, and left a message. She called back a few minutes later all apologetic and I wished her luck with an obviously bad situation.

Top Bottom