• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    I find myself needing to get a new watch (or two).
    I'm just starting to search for something new, but don't really know what style I want. I have a nice Kenneth Cole is stainless, so I was thinking of getting something a little more "tactical".

Anyone have any good choices? Pics are always helpful.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Tactical? Like the tactical wheelbarrow?:scratch:

I've been sporting one of these for several years years now and I love it...The battery hasn't died yet.:D

BTW, you can find them for cheaper than the price shown.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    OMG did someone just say tactical wrist watch. I am surprised someone is not marketing a watch with tactical in the punch line.

I think wrist watches are soon to become obsolete since cell phones are a watch, phone, gps, web surf device, camera, email, pager motion picture device and MP3 player in one. Use this to your advantage when buying. The watch salesman job is going the way of the video store clerk.

That said Citizen makes a divers watch that I think is what you are looking for.

I had mine a sail boat version and used it everyday for 15 years. Then took it to had the battery replaced at the mall and they never got the seal correct. I still have it somewhere.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    OMG did someone just say tactical wrist watch. I am surprised someone is not marketing a watch with tactical in the punch line.

I think wrist watches are soon to become obsolete since cell phones are a watch, phone, gps, web surf device, camera, email, pager motion picture device and MP3 player in one. Use this to your advantage when buying. The watch salesman job is going the way of the video store clerk.

That said Citizen makes a divers watch that I think is what you are looking for.

I had mine a sail boat version and used it everyday for 15 years. Then took it to had the battery replaced at the mall and they never got the seal correct. I still have it somewhere.

Eco Drive FTW!

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Timex takes a licking and keeps on ticking!!! A million styles from dressy to the Expedition line which sounds more like what you want and most of them in the $60 range or less.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have had the same $6 Aquatech watch from Walmart for about 4 years now. I bought the cheapest I could find so if I scratched it up fighting with shoplifters at my old job I wouldn't be too upset about it. I can no longer read the brand and the plastic is faded, but it keeps the time just as it did when I first bought it. It's taken a beating and functions fine, add in its velcro watchband, military time option, and the nightlight feature and I don't know how much more "tactical" a watch can be.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Also, keep ion mind that if you plan to buy an expensive watch, that the upkeep could be quite expensive. For example, I have a really nice Tag Heuer Formula 1 model chronograph and just getting the battery changed is over $50. If any of the seals need to be replaced, then it costs over $150. If it needs to be re-oiled, then it will be over $300.

Ultimately, If I wear it every day, I need to spend about $75-100 a year on up-keep. Basically, after the last round of expensive service, I put it in the drawer and only dig it out for special occasions.

Now I wear a Victornox original Swiss Army watch for day to day wear.

Victorinox Swiss Army - Timepieces - Original

These cost a bit less to service.

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    I didn't necessarily mean tactical, just something a little different than my dress watches. Price is $120 or lower I would say.

Thanks for the ideas so far.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    I have a G-Shock, but I'm somewhat indifferent as to it. It is a very tough watch, and the atomic timekeeping is great; however, mine is solar-powered and just doesn't charge well.

They have a very wide variety of models. If I had to choose again, I'd get one that's NOT solar powered.

Check them out here:
    Casio: G-Shock - Mens - Watches - Digital Watches

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Did somebody say watches? YEAAA BOYYYYYYYYYY!

flavor-flav-cc08.jpg

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I have a couple watches. Kenneth Cole is a decent brand. I have the stainless with the rubberized band that has held up really well the past couple years and I wear it most every day. To save yourself some cash, head over to TJ Maxx to buy one. They have quite a few Kenneth Cole and Tommy Bahamas there most of the time for usually 50% of MSRP.

Never pay full price.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I wear a Titanium Casio Pathfinder with all the bells and whistles. Whatever you get, make sure it has atomic time. It's priceless.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have a "tactical" watch that ill sell you for 75... no specs right in front of me but its self iluminating and has a compass feature... new is probably 200

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom