• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Curious if you had a great source for powder with in 2-3 hours of you would you share on here to help the store or would you keep it to your self?

Depends on the climate at the time. When things were really bad after Newtown, I kept my sources to myself or close friends so the douchebag flippers who don't even shoot didn't clear the shelves.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have a little mom and pop gun shop that is off the beaten path but close by me. They pretty much had ammo through the chaos period, to include .22 ammo. They had reloading supplies through the whole ordeal too. They did get to a point, for a short time, where they were only selling primers as a one to one basis with a bullet purchase.
    I was there this evening and bought powder and primers. I like to keep my money local, if at all possible.
    I didn't share during the storm but I might share now. :draw:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    If there are 2lbs on the shelf, but you wanted to get three, do you only take one because you want to leave some for someone else?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Not necessarily, not negatively pointed in any particular way.
    Over the last year I spent a lot of time lurking around INGO. There were lots of threads about hoarders, what was hoarding vs being prepared and what not.
    Sometimes, things even got a little flamey if you include debates about 22LR.

The OP asked a simple question. I suppose it was unfair of me to not not answer it. Yes, I would share the info despite fearing I would empower some flipper.

Shooters and firearms enthusiasts I know are all pretty genteel, save for the minority that are sometimes obnoxious dolts. I was directed to some supplies of Titegroup and HP-38 that I was very grateful for.

I found myself with what was a similar question to the OP during Hurricane Sandyhook. Do you share your source? Do you leave something behind? Do you take everything you can afford? Do you only take what you can use? To heck with everybody else? Should I share only with my friends?

How would you react 87iroc?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I get what I want/need. In times of shortages I look after myself and family first. I do have a couple of very close friends I care enough about to help them survive as well.
    IF there's plenty I will tell others.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    I just scored 16# of bullseye...........from this one place in Venezuela. I always turn my fellow re-loaders at the range on to a supply score. If they can't make it there on time I share my stash.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Not necessarily, not negatively pointed in any particular way.

How would you react 87iroc?

I would buy what I wanted...but I wouldn't turn around and flip it for a profit. Sure, its capitalism...but I wouldn't feel right doing it so I wouldn't.

If I had a spare lb or 2 and I saw someone trying to get started up in reloading that couldn't find powder...I'd offer to sell at cost if they were in the same relative area.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    When I say that I share my sources, I mean with family and friends that reload. People that I know are looking for personal use, not to flip it.

Top Bottom