Would we know the name of George Zimmerman had he not been CC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Lots of what-ifs floating, but I wonder if any of us would have heard of the black-on-brown violence in Florida had Zimmerman not been CC. Would we be forced 24/7 to follow the murder trial of a 17 year old boy who went off on a neighborhood watch "self-proclaimed" hispanic?

This seems like the perfect example of why it's better to be tried by, in this case 6, than carried out by 6. Even with the hell that Zimmerman will certainly face the rest of his life, at least he has the rest of his life. Unarmed....who knows.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Lots of what-ifs floating, but I wonder if any of us would have heard of the black-on-brown violence in Florida had Zimmerman not been CC. Would we be forced 24/7 to follow the murder trial of a 17 year old boy who went off on a neighborhood watch "self-proclaimed" hispanic?

This seems like the perfect example of why it's better to be tried by, in this case 6, than carried out by 6. Even with the hell that Zimmerman will certainly face the rest of his life, at least he has the rest of his life. Unarmed....who knows.
    IMO
    None of us would know that this incident had even occurred if his Surname had been Sanchez, Moralis, Rodriguez or some other Hispanic sounding name.
    The only reason that it jumped to prominence in the news was because as soon as the vultures in the Liberal media heard the obviously European name Zimmerman they jumped on the case claiming a White guy had shot an unarmed 17 yr old Black kid.
    As soon as they realized that Zimmerman was not a lilly White person they created the "new" race known as "White Hispanic" and blamed those new racists for the brutal attack on "poor" Travon.
    The whole thing has been a Political cluster **** from day one and the cretins in the MSM will not let it go until they've incited a friggin race war.
    If that happens I hope they're the first casualities in it. :soapbox:

There.
    I feel better now.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

No.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I know the media and even our own government has worked hard to create a race issue out of the Zimmerman case, but I think the issue is much deeper than race. Since this administration has been unable to disarm Americans, this is a way for them to challenge current laws, such as the "Stand your ground" law, in order to limit the use of our firearms in self protection. They will create a new criteria that we will only be able to use deadly force in certain instances, all other occurances will be prosecuted. Changing the laws to their satisfaction and prosecuting cases like Zimmerman could intimidate some gun owners from protecting themselves since they may face possible imprisonment or face a civil suit from the relatives of their attacker.

Since they can't limit our guns, they will limit how we can use our guns.

Top Bottom