• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    I was just curious about how the architects got the final height of World Trade Center One past the politicians there in NYC. Maybe they don't know the significance of it? What do you guys think?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm sure it was done very, very intentionally.

"Hey. We are at 1775 feet. Let's add another foot for "historical significance", we can pump it up to the media, and the wacky right-wingers will think it is cool."

Yeah, I'm a cynic.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    From my reading it was done intentionally for the representation of American liberty. Here's an awesome video of the final segment of the spire being lifted into place. Just when you think it's high, you realize that.....well just watch it.

http://youtu.be/Q6_udpG4-SA

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wow, where have you guys been for twelve years? 1776 feet was entirely deliberate and the decision was well-publicized.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wow, where have you guys been for twelve years? 1776 feet was entirely deliberate and the decision was well-publicized.

Guess I've been living under a rock but then again anything NY related I don't bother with since they like CA are not part of the USA based on their actions. :(

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    WOW, so those guys tools and pry bars are not tethered to anything. That would be a bad time to simply drop a tool!

If I were up there the people down below would need to be worried about my stomach contents raining down on them. I can't even put up Christmas lights, being that high up would probably give me a heart attack.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    If I were up there the people down below would need to be worried about my stomach contents raining down on them. I can't even put up Christmas lights, being that high up would probably give me a heart attack.

From that height, terminal velocity would turn puke into a smelly mist.

Top Bottom