• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This was my expectation on a nationwide basis. If the police never arrest or stop minorities, Al Sharpton will have to find another line of work.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This was my expectation on a nationwide basis. If the police never arrest or stop minorities, Al Sharpton will have to find another line of work.

When you post stuff like this, do you really hold it as truth or is it simply to be insulting?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    When you post stuff like this, do you really hold it as truth or is it simply to be insulting?

Why do you take it as insulting? I don't see it as being aimed at police at all.

Black America's real problem isn't white racism

"New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly confirms Mac Donald’s facts. Blacks and Hispanics commit 96 percent of all crimes in the city, he says, but only 85 percent of the stop-and-frisks are of blacks and Hispanics."

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why do you take it as insulting? I don't see it as being aimed at police at all.

Black America's real problem isn't white racism

"New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly confirms Mac Donald’s facts. Blacks and Hispanics commit 96 percent of all crimes in the city, he says, but only 85 percent of the stop-and-frisks are of blacks and Hispanics."

How many innocents are stopped and frisked and what of their rights?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI

I hold it as truth that police officers must get pretty disgusted by some of the cards they are dealt. They have a thankless job and I admire those who choose the profession. Has Sharpton done anything in his life to improve the status of those he purports to advocate for? The term "race baiter" is admittedly overused, but IMO its a tag he richly deserves.

For the record Que, I have no desire to insult anyone.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Would owing in excess of $ 4,000,000. in back taxes be one?

I don't believe that's an actual principle, but is that what you disagree with? If so, we are in agreement. I will probably have to pay an additional $3K in a few months, but it's my fault for working and making money. If I don't agree with the rules, I should not work.

I hold it as truth that police officers must get pretty disgusted by some of the cards they are dealt. They have a thankless job and I admire those who choose the profession. Has Sharpton done anything in his life to improve the status of those he purports to advocate for? The term "race baiter" is admittedly overused, but IMO its a tag he richly deserves.

For the record Que, I have no desire to insult anyone.

I agree that our good police officers are trapped between two differing opinions and it's rough for them right now. I hope some aren't led to believe the majority of the citizens are against them. It's only the loud talkers who are being heard, but there are more for them than against them.

If I said Sharpton has done some good work and has helped a lot of people, it wouldn't make a difference. I may not agree with some of his tactics, but I can't say his work is not necessary.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    If I said Sharpton has done some good work and has helped a lot of people, it wouldn't make a difference. I may not agree with some of his tactics, but I can't say his work is not necessary.
    I'm quoting that for posterity.

It's ridiculous to claim that his work is necessary just because the guy happens to do a few good things every once in a while. It's like claiming that Mao's work was necessary just because he gave some poor kids an education. The good doesn't outweigh the bad.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm quoting that for posterity.

It's ridiculous to claim that his work is necessary just because the guy happens to do a few good things every once in a while. It's like claiming that Mao's work was necessary just because he gave some poor kids an education. The good doesn't outweigh the bad.

I don't necessarily agree the two "bads" are compatible, but I think that's the whole problem.

Also, please quote the statement to which I applied, for the sake of posterity. That way my statement isn't taken out of context.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I see Rev. Al Sharpton as similar - in the abstract - to Malcom X. I do not necessarily agree with much of what they do/did and how the do/did it, but I absolutely believe America is a better place overall because of them. In part, because our society is arranged such that people who have radical ideas are free to express them (within the bounds of the laws) and America is free to accept or reject what they say.

I turn it around a bit. The fact that they do/did SOME good outweighs the bad. Or at least, people are free to view it that way.

Back OT, can't really blame NYPD for a bit of reluctance in enforcing stupid laws.

Top Bottom