• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I'm going to try to build one this spring.

FEMA_emergency_gasifier.pdf - search for it

I hope I don't blow up my shop.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    There was a show called “the colony” that was on around 2010, where they take people, and stuck them in a warehouse, “end of the world situation” and one guy was some sort of scientist, and they actually made a car function on it. May just have been tv, but how he explained it, it was used in the 40’s in Germany, since the gas was used for the war effort. Couldn’t remember what he called it, thanks for posting!

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    There was a show called “the colony” that was on around 2010, where they take people, and stuck them in a warehouse, “end of the world situation” and one guy was some sort of scientist, and they actually made a car function on it. May just have been tv, but how he explained it, it was used in the 40’s in Germany, since the gas was used for the war effort. Couldn’t remember what he called it, thanks for posting!
    That was an awesome show when it was on.

That annoying bearded guy on Mountain Men from Turtle Island made/has one as well. It was featured a couple times in the last two years or so.

Sent from my OnePlus 8 Pro using Tapatalk

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    That was an awesome show when it was on.

That annoying bearded guy on Mountain Men from Turtle Island made/has one as well. It was featured a couple times in the last two years or so.

Sent from my OnePlus 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    I remember that also, had everything set up in the back of an old pick-up. Seemed to run the truck pretty well. Jim.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    The gas produced is or can be super filthy, like kerosote build-up in a wood-stove chimney.

I think you need some way to filter it well, or else plan on many carb/engine rebuilds. I'm not sure if common engine air filters would work or not, assuming you run the wood gas through the air intake.

Top Bottom