• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Not sure how things are up North? But down here seems like many things are in short supply. For me I do not drink, smoke etc, but I really enjoy a cup of coffee at the start of my day. Since Walmart jacked their prices up on my preferred brand of non dairy creamer, I tried the Happy Farms (Aldi’s store Brand) Now I actually prefer it over the other brand. Well of late past four weeks they have been completely out of it. Today I am in there picking up Milk for the family, as Walmart was out. So I notice they have my favorite flavors so I purchased 6 of them. Kind of felt silly but I kind of figured it’s going to get used so why not. Also we have begun picking up extras of the staples when we go shopping.

Oddly enough my wife’s best friend from college lives in the DC area and she reports that the shelves there are fully stocked.

kind of makes you wonder.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive had to adjust as well. At our meijer, the 40' long x6' tall aisle of cheap wet cat food was nearly empty. Really threw me for a loop. (luckily our cats are snooty and their treat is premium wet food)

I too have seen the weirdest stuff go out.

My son loves Lays Stacks. To me they taste like overcooked Pringles. We have had to go to the dollar store because thats the only place that has them. And we end up buying a dozen tubes.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Our local Walmart has been having a lot of trouble keeping the freezer section stocked.

The local grocery has actually been improving its stock all year to just about normal now.

I've been ordering a lot of material and fixtures in doing a little sprucing up. 8-12 week lead time for cabinets. 12 weeks later they send the wrong cabinets. Now it's 8-12 week lead time for the replacements.

What I do now, if I have any idea I'll need something in the next year, I keep an eye out and buy it as soon as I see a good price.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and a couple weeks ago frozen french fries were hard to find.

And I haven seen Lean Pockets since Mid Covid. Chicken Jalapeno Cheese were the best. Now I dont even see a space on the shelf for ANY flavor.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Ive had to adjust as well. At our meijer, the 40' long x6' tall aisle of cheap wet cat food was nearly empty. Really threw me for a loop. (luckily our cats are snooty and their treat is premium wet food)

I too have seen the weirdest stuff go out.

My son loves Lays Stacks. To me they taste like overcooked Pringles. We have had to go to the dollar store because thats the only place that has them. And we end up buying a dozen tubes.
    Cat food has jumped in price on Amazon. Was $15.00 for 24 cans has been bumped to $38.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Oh, and a couple weeks ago frozen french fries were hard to find.

And I haven seen Lean Pockets since Mid Covid. Chicken Jalapeno Cheese were the best. Now I dont even see a space on the shelf for ANY flavor.
    I noticed the lean pockets being completely gone, as in, the store not carrying them anymore, at least a year ago, maybe longer. I really liked the ham and cheese ones, and yes, the jalapeño chicken ones were really good.

Weirdest thing lately, the little square, thin sliced rye bread! We make sausage and cheese rye bread snacks for the holidays, but I guess not this year. No place has them, my wife went to Meijer, GFS, and Sams club today and none of those had it, and said they can’t even order it anymore. Crazy!

Franc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    Fishers, IN
    I had a little accident and needed body shop. I called around and they are all booked up until February. I asked them why everyone is suddenly crashing cars. The lady told me that the amount of work is the same, the shop just don't have enough guys to work on it. So there you go. The stores probably don't have enough workers to maintain a full set of SKU. So they have to reduce the number of SKU'S.

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    In my area diet dew is out of stock every other week no matter what store I go to . I do stock up when I see it which just makes things worse. It’s a vicious circle.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Cat food has jumped in price on Amazon. Was $15.00 for 24 cans has been bumped to $38.
    I started a subscription for cat food thru Tractor Supply. Two 30-can boxes of fancy Feast is $44. I get free delivery thru my neighborhood club rewards. I can never find it in the store, but have had timely delivery.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had a little accident and needed body shop. I called around and they are all booked up until February. I asked them why everyone is suddenly crashing cars. The lady told me that the amount of work is the same, the shop just don't have enough guys to work on it. So there you go. The stores probably don't have enough workers to maintain a full set of SKU. So they have to reduce the number of SKU'S.
    Son in law got hit a couple weeks ago. His truck goes in end of January. They said getting parts is also an issue.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I used to buy a huge jug of syrup @ meijer and they don't carry it any more. I also have had issues getting ortega taco sauce and Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. I had to order a gallon off amazon. It is crazy what they are running out of at the stores.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I rarely ever did this before but beef has gotten so high that I'm checking the weekly sale ads now. I passed on some $8.49/lb chuck roast earlier today. Found it on sale in the Jewel ad this evening for $3.99/lb so got what I needed for Sunday's Italian beef and grabbed another one for the freezer.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hoping for, the best for him. I know 3 of the counties units have been in the shop for over a month waiting parts.
    His is drivable. A guy blew a stop sign and hit the bed of his truck behind the tire. Needs bedside and a bumper. The other guy admitted fault and his insurance is covering it. SIL is going to go to the shop and have them check it so if any other parts are needed, it won't be a surprise later. They assessed the damage via photos instead of sending out an adjustor.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    At my local Meijer I Haven't been able to get their brand of string cheese in probably 4-5 months. Use those for homemade stuffed crust pizza. Jimmy Dean's frozen breakfast sandwiches have been non-existent for months. French fries and the like have been really hit or miss as well as novelty ice cream items. Haven't been able to get Oberweis fruit punch in about a month now either. Daughters favorite

So far no real issues on necessities

No adjustments made as we can live just fine without these things listed above.

Top Bottom