• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    As far as the woman in the article.... she not only KNEW it was wrong (and illegal), but according to what I read, she took the items with her after her EBT card was declined. That is theft. And if her card HAD NOT been declined, that too, is theft AND fraud.

My statement that she likely has a drug problem, is based on the fact that she tried the same illegal manuever.... at the very next Walmart she could find. Only drugs can make you THAT stupid, IMHO.

The thing that one needs to realize is that those EBT cards can pull from two different accounts. One is SNAP (food stamps) and one is TANF (cash). If she pulled from the SNAP account it will decline anything that is not food. It's automatic and there is no way around it. I've worked in retail and have had people come in to buy things and mistakingly hit the wrong button on the point of sale machine. There's nothing fraudulent about a mistake. On the other hand, I'm not entirely certain whether there are regulations on what you can and can't purchase with your TANF benefits. I know you can withdraw cash from that account at an ATM so if there are regulations they are obviously very lax. The worst part about this whole thing is that MOST people who are on assistance know that you can only buy food with food stamps and wouldn't even try to purchase anything else. So not only did this woman run from the store with items he hadn't paid for, she is a moron for thinking the card would work in the first place and then went to another store to try the same thing. That's a whole new kind of dumb and I am inclined to side with you on the drug problem she most likely has.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Student loans are for expenses you incur when you're a student. Housing, food, tuition, fees, books, paper, pens, computers, gas, etc....

PS3 doesn't count, but there's so much overlap and fluff how do you know.

Mark-of-Scotland

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    She knew what she was doing was illegal.
    Even so she di'int do nuffins

I hope she goes to jail and loses her kids.
    Oh the poor kids...and right when they just about to turn they lives around, aspiring rap artist/basketball player/stop hanging with the wrong crowd

She probably has a drug habit, or has a husband/live-in boyfriend with a drug habit.... and was going to sell or trade the Ipads for drugs.

Do you honestly think the baby-daddy is still around? and if so...which one?

Top Bottom