• ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Gentlemen...please.

"There is so much bad in the best of us and so much good in the worst of us that none of us have a reason to look down on any of us."
    But sone can’t help but to look down at others. It’s what they know. Can’t respect anyone but themselves. I have a lot of respect for our veterans. Doesn’t mean they are all good people. Lots of bad and good everywhere. Just because someone didn’t serve doesn’t make them inferior. Look at Todd young. He “served” and he’s a terrible person.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Thanks for your Service, You a Sand Flea?
    Both of my sons and their Dad are Fleas.

So he finishes The Crucible, Graduates from MCRD Parris Island, and Camp Geiger, hes a Marine.
    I would bet that Sand Flea will God Damn well die trying to carry or drag another brother out.
    But my understanding is his MOS is an 0400 series. Hes in logistics, so odds are its wouldn't happen.

Audi Murphy during his physical examination his height was recorded as 5 feet 5.5 inches and his weight as 112 pounds. Yea, 112 pounds.
    Desmond Doss was 140 lbs, he lowered 50 to 100 men down the cliff.
    Nope, Hollywood Marine. I had a feeling he was probably going into a non-combat arms MOS. I have no doubt he is as physically capable as he can be. Yet, I still wonder if this is the best situation.
    Men and teenagers during WWII were frequently smaller. A lot had to do with nutrition during the Great Depression. My grandfather was 5'10" and 150 lbs, when he was drafted. He was discharged at 185 lbs. He credits the weight gain with better food and all of the PT.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Ive never looked at it that way, they still nutted up and signed the contract.

What Branch allows known drug addicts to enlist?

Why did you sir enlist?
    Let be honest. Alot of them didn't nut up and enlist. They where bamboozled by recruiters. During they hey-day of the iraq wars they were actively recruiting from rehab places. They only had to **** clean to get through meps. Watched a couple detox while in basic. I enlisted a month before the invasion of Iraq. For the belief it was to defends the country.. I've since grown a little smarter. Then 2nd enlistment was for my friends.. didnt want them to go without me. The 3rd snd so on csuse well I've done it this long. But many good men never enlisted and I respect the hell out of them. Alot of idiots did enlist. Whined the entire time and fought against the system. Then once they're out they go around saying they're vets they fought blah blah blah. Meanwhile then entire time they were in they were a giant p.o.s

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Let be honest. Alot of them didn't nut up and enlist. They where bamboozled by recruiters. During they hey-day of the iraq wars they were actively recruiting from rehab places. They only had to **** clean to get through meps. Watched a couple detox while in basic. I enlisted a month before the invasion of Iraq. For the belief it was to defends the country.. I've since grown a little smarter. Then 2nd enlistment was for my friends.. didnt want them to go without me. The 3rd snd so on csuse well I've done it this long. But many good men never enlisted and I respect the hell out of them. Alot of idiots did enlist. Whined the entire time and fought against the system. Then once they're out they go around saying they're vets they fought blah blah blah. Meanwhile then entire time they were in they were a giant p.o.s
    Thank you for your service.

I have little tolerance for non service people belittling any Branch or the Service.
    They certainly have that right, as I have the right to respond.

I believe we have that lifestyle through all walks of life, I don't believe I served with any "Drug Addicts"
    Now alcohol with Grunts, thats a different story. We were founded by drunks in a bar, its a Tradition.

I just spoke to my Thing 2 and asked him about drugs with those he served with, socially he saw lots of drugs while at 29 Palms. While on deployments he said not at all. Depending on where, sometimes no alcohol. I would ask my Thing 1 but hes busy right now.
    I was of the generation that it could be an option given by the court system. I served with many that did there 3-6 years and finished growing up in the Corp. Some didn't grow up.
    It takes all kinds to make things work, the way I see it, the Service is no different.
    Enlisting for College GI Bill is advertised just like advertising the classifieds as a big part of INGO.
    I still believe all nutted up, all of us had other options available to us at the same time.
    Thanks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not every service member is a "hero".
    I will give most, the benefit of doubt, but there were murderers, rapist, pedos, abusers, etc.
    Just like any other large group.

And while many did their duty, I've seen those that tried everything to get out of deployment.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I will give most, the benefit of doubt, but there were murderers, rapist, pedos, abusers, etc.

And while many did their duty, I've seen those that tried everything to get out of deployment.
    Yep a very high up indiana state trooper and csm in the national guard was a child monster. Pretty sure he just got out of a short prison stint. Was able to keep both pensions from state police and army cause he "retired" right before he was convicted

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Nope, Hollywood Marine. I had a feeling he was probably going into a non-combat arms MOS. I have no doubt he is as physically capable as he can be. Yet, I still wonder if this is the best situation.
    Men and teenagers during WWII were frequently smaller. A lot had to do with nutrition during the Great Depression. My grandfather was 5'10" and 150 lbs, when he was drafted. He was discharged at 185 lbs. He credits the weight gain with better food and all of the PT.
    Also thy didn't have loads of sugar and processed food. I'm 65 and when I look back at school pictures, not a lot of fat kids then.
    I don't think his size as a man would bother me, what I wouldn't like would be humping 80lbs and your weapon platform in the mountains and three in your squad are not male. But I'm old, and locked in my ways. We ain't Israel.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Your just jealous that you couldn't just mail home stuff.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

If they would get rid of the woke leftist garbage they will get their core interested again.
    Core as in conservatives, small town, country folk, and Christians.
    I know many who left because of what it's became.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Also thy didn't have loads of sugar and processed food. I'm 65 and when I look back at school pictures, not a lot of fat kids then.
    I don't think his size as a man would bother me, what I wouldn't like would be humping 80lbs and your weapon platform in the mountains and three in your squad are not male. But I'm old, and locked in my ways. We ain't Israel.
    I'm with you on women in Combat Arms. I'm 56. I served from 1985-1989. I was in 2nd Tank Battalion. The entire battalion was male because we were a combat unit and could be deployed at any time.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If they would get rid of the woke leftist garbage they will get their core interested again.
    Money can also make many in the Service, leave for better employment opportunity's.

Mine loves The Marine Corp,this is what he told me at the end of his enlistment.
    Pops, I've earned my GI Bill and my VA benefits.
    Why should I do this for $33,000 a year, when I can do it for four times that and get three months off a year? Two months later he went to work for a Constellis Co.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Here's another reason enlistment is down.
    Forcing garbage unproven vaccines on them doesn't set will.
    My family has had many in military service.
    We have a little under 50% of our family members that served or are currently serving. From grandparents on fathers side, Uncles, siblings, nephew's, and nieces. If I added cousins in that would jump over 50%.
    When the younger generation see and hear about what has been going on they are not interested in joining this new style military.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

The problem is they are not trying to get rid of it,they are trying to hide they are doing it.

"By 2028, it aims to have a third of its new soldiers have more than a high school degree."

Is 100% going to push it further to the left.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Here's another reason enlistment is down.
    Forcing garbage unproven vaccines on them doesn't set will.
    My family has had many in military service.
    We have a little under 50% of our family members that served or are currently serving. From grandparents on fathers side, Uncles, siblings, nephew's, and nieces. If I added cousins in that would jump over 50%.
    When the younger generation see and hear about what has been going on they are not interested in joining this new style military.
    One of mine and I were talking a few years ago about deployment vacinations. He said Pops, after getting vaxed for Yellow Fever and Antrax what the **** does it matter after that.

Top Bottom