• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbottorff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2015
    Brookston
    Hello all! I am new to these parts (the forum) and just thought I would see if there happen to be any members of on here from the Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club. I am interested in joining and have already filled out my membership application but now I am just waiting for the next meeting so that I can turn it in. I am currently a member of the Linden Conservation Club but would like to move to a club that is closer to home. Fortunately, I only live about 5 minutes away from WVRPC.

I would like to hear what people think of the club and any tips that anyone might have for making the application process smoother. This is probably the most intense application process I have ever seen for a range, so I am really hoping that means that the range is filled with safe and respectful people.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    go to as many shooting events as you can before you go up for a vote.. The more members who have seen you handle a gun the more likely they will be willing to vote you in..
    Not much happening till March 14, the first IDPA match..

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    Good club that shoot a lot of disciplines, USPSA, IDPA, 3-Gun, Cowboy, Steel Challenge, ICORE, High Power, Skeet/Trap, and Silhouette. Once the 2015 season starts up with the first IDPA match it will be a hopping place.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Since I live in Brookston, highpower calls dibs on the new guy!

Like above posters said, go to as many events as you can. A smile with an offer to help out at any event goes a long way in meeting people.

Shoot me a PM there are several wildcat memebers living in Brookston

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not a member of the club but the cowboy's I have shot with down there rank with the finest! Check out the Cowboy matches when you can.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've never seen anyone not voted in...

I still haven't tried! They KNOW me.

Has Wildcat Valley considered hosting a State Championship in NRA Action Pistol??
    Thanks,
    Bill

Wildcat used to host such matches. The last time Wildcat hosted the Indiana Regional NRA AP match was several years ago (I was there and the overall winner was the same guy who won the most recent Bianchi Cup). I think future big matches are unlikely since so few people seem interested in shooting the club matches. The permanent barricades are gone. When we shoot matches now, we have to use portable barricades. That doesn't affect me, but the shooters who brace on the barricade no longer have a sturdy support. I don't know if the current plate racks are within the regulations for NRA AP or not.

wva3470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thanks for the info Rhino. I figured the barricades were gone from what I've seen in photos of the 3 gun matches. I used to shoot there quite a bit in 2001, 02.
    Bill

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info Rhino. I figured the barricades were gone from what I've seen in photos of the 3 gun matches. I used to shoot there quite a bit in 2001, 02.
    Bill

Did you go to Rheinholt's too?

I think I shot my first NRA AP match at Wildcat in 2005, maybe 2006. It's still one of my favorite shooting games. Wildcat's matches are the only NRA AP left in Indiana!

wva3470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yea, I went to Reinholt's alot. I always liked shooting there and Wildcat. I always dreaded the 3 hour drive to Winimac, but was always glad I did.
    I have a few of the Reinholt Mugs from those days. I am planning on going back to the Bianchi Cup this year, that's why I was asking about the matches there.
    That's most likely the last place in Indiana with a regulation type mover.
    Bill

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yea, I went to Reinholt's alot. I always liked shooting there and Wildcat. I always dreaded the 3 hour drive to Winimac, but was always glad I did.
    I have a few of the Reinholt Mugs from those days. I am planning on going back to the Bianchi Cup this year, that's why I was asking about the matches there.
    Bill

Some of the regular's from Reinholt's are on INGO occasionally. You probably know them!

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Rhino, I suspect that is the legendary Billy Abbott that you are speaking to..... If I am correct, You best tip your hat and show some respect to an OG.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Rhino, remind me next time I see you and ill tell you a few legendary stories (don't want to jack this thread more than it already is) but Uncle Brent and Phil told me more than a couple very complimentary stories about Mr. Abbott.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Bill

I will happily hijack this thread for this reason. I came to know Jim Reinholt during my term as Area Directory for the ISRPA in the early 2000s. Jim was good people, I am proud to have know him.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting-sports/115345-jim-reinholt.html

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Mike & Rhino,
    It is, and no hat tipping needed. Just another shooter on the range looking to have fun.
    Bill

Rhino, remind me next time I see you and ill tell you a few legendary stories (don't want to jack this thread more than it already is) but Uncle Brent and Phil told me more than a couple very complimentary stories about Mr. Abbott.

We're going to have to shoot the AP matches together this year.

Here is the calendar: Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club 2015 Calendar

NRA AP Match Dates:

03 MAY 2015
    14 JUN 2015
    20 SEP 2015
    11 OCT 2015

Top Bottom