• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I have been considering getting some NFA items, but I am having a hard time making them seem practical. So, here is my question. Why go the NFA route? For example...

Do you keep a silenced pistol as your nightstand gun?
    Do you keep your Serbu in your truck?
    Is your SBR your go to home defense gun?
    etc...

Besides being really cool and fun, what other use do you get out of your NFA items?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Besides being really cool and fun, what other use do you get out of your NFA items?

I do not personally keep, nor do I recommend keeping, an NFA weapon for home defense or daily carry.

I do, however, shoot in competitions with my SMG and 9mm SBR, and regularly use a suppressed .22LR pistol and rifle as platforms on which to teach new shooters. :yesway:

But mostly, they're just really cool and fun. What other use do you need? ;)

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Well I have yet to make the transition to NFA. However, guns in general, like guitars, antiques and other hobbies, can be expensive. When it comes to justifying, to my wife for example, it's, "Why do you need so many shoes, jewelry, purses, etc." I'm reminded of a commercial from years ago, "Why ask why?"

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    on anything that can still be manufactured, ( SBR, suppressors, AOW) it is more about the cool factor, and having somthing that REALLY gets the liberals blood boiling. Machine guns are a good investment. Prices have been on a consistent upward run since 86. Name me another investment you can make that you can play with, and still appreciates well with use over time. Highly liquid assets that you can get enjoyment out of.

kgeb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Lake County
    I want a can because, I just want one if your married ask you wife why she has 8 pairs a black shoes youll get some excuse about matching this or that but its the same reason we want NFA. because someone made it and it looks cool. what other reason do we need:cool:

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Not much else to do on the weekends...

Also, suppressors are very nice to have for hunting, both for safety and for not disturbing the game.

yukon308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Their awsome when your trying to teach a younger person to shoot.
    My son is 10, and it makes it so much better without hearing protection.
    Besides that it's just a ton of fun to shoot in stealth mode.:ingo:

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I keep the SBR in the minivan in case one of the soccer moms tries to step to me. Then I can hold down my block, and if necessary, show her what time it is!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have been considering getting some NFA items, but I am having a hard time making them seem practical. So, here is my question. Why go the NFA route? For example...

Do you keep a silenced pistol as your nightstand gun?
    Do you keep your Serbu in your truck?
    Is your SBR your go to home defense gun?
    etc...

Silenced Pistol, no. Need one of those!
    Serbu in the truck, no. Need one of each of those!
    SBR for home defense, as needs be. Have one of those.

Seriously, I would use whatever I have that best can be used to defend my wife and kids. However, my SBR is not staged as my primary or even secondary home defense weapon. Maybe some day but not today.

Why have one? The suppressor draw for me is simply the ability to shoot without earplugs in. That makes for a nice day plinking as well as training opportunity. And might be nice for zombies as well.

The main problem with the SBR as a vehicle gun is that the gun and stamp can only be with the possessor of the stamp and with no-one else. So if it is in your car and you let someone go for McD's then they are technically in big doo-doo.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Silenced Pistol, no. Need one of those!
    Serbu in the truck, no. Need one of each of those!
    SBR for home defense, as needs be. Have one of those.

Seriously, I would use whatever I have that best can be used to defend my wife and kids. However, my SBR is not staged as my primary or even secondary home defense weapon. Maybe some day but not today.

Why have one? The suppressor draw for me is simply the ability to shoot without earplugs in. That makes for a nice day plinking as well as training opportunity. And might be nice for zombies as well.

The main problem with the SBR as a vehicle gun is that the gun and stamp can only be with the possessor of the stamp and with no-one else. So if it is in your car and you let someone go for McD's then they are technically in big doo-doo.

And most importantly, so are YOU!

Top Bottom