• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    I don't read all the other anti-gun threads, but I have browsed most of them. However, someone just posed this question in my office.

"Why is it, when a bomb goes off, we blame the BOMBER.

When a Drunk driver kills someone, we blame the DRUNK DRIVER.

But, as soon as a gun kills someone, we blame the GUN?"

Something here doesn't quite make sense, I know this will only stir up more talks about this but that is somewhat the point. Isn't it time we stop blaming inanimate objects for our problems and start going after the truth?

Sure, we try suspects for shooting but why do we further attack the guns? What did those guns do? The gun is not responsible for the killing, whether it is the means of action or not. There has been a lot of satire as of late, blaming the pressure cooker amongst other things. Maybe I am just getting more and more fed up by people blaming guns or wanting deeper background checks.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    This doesn't make sense because it is a Democrat/communistic ideal. Karl Marx said
    "the best way to control a country is to disarm it's citizens."
    It is the overall goal of Obama and the gun control nuts to take away all the guns so that the government is the only one with guns. After that is done there will be nobody to stop them from doing as they wish. This is why it is only with guns that the weapon is targeted. It fits the ultimate goal and plan. Also know the current strategy of the Administration is to never let a tragic event go un-used for political gain.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I don't read all the other anti-gun threads, but I have browsed most of them. However, someone just posed this question in my office.

"Why is it, when a bomb goes off, we blame the BOMBER.

When a Drunk driver kills someone, we blame the DRUNK DRIVER.

But, as soon as a gun kills someone, we blame the GUN?"

Well, see what you did there, I looks as though the Libs/media have been partially successful in their job, even you, in the middle of your rant posited " as soon as A GUN kills someone". Not "when someone is shot", or "when a person IS SHOT", or "some bastard killed someone with a gun". Your own terminology was "as soon as A GUN kills someone". See the not so subtle implication? The subliminal message is that is the gun did it, not the person using it. Even you are walking around with their message partially imbedded in your subconscious.

Now, those of us that understand the differences and our rights etc. easily override this. But the individual that doesn't know better, their thought processes have been gradually reprogrammed to what the dark side is trying to push. And we have to admit, all things considered, they have been HUGELY successful at it.

This should exemplify the problem that we have before us. It is up to US to turn the narrative back to the common sense issue. The RESPONSIBILITY of the INDIVIDUAL. We need to spend the time and effort to make sure that we correct the conversations that we engage in, send the letters to the editors posing the questions that need to be asked, like you did above, but make sure that it is properly worded and addressed. And above all else hold our Congress Critters to task, make them aware when they are wrong. You all know the rest.

But, even when we do get things turned around - and we will at some point - we still can't rest and think that we have won the war. Because WE KNOW BETTER! Things just aren't the way the should be and lots of people just don't think they way that our grandparents did anymore. We know this and we know that we cannot EVER relax and think that they all get it now. Because the other side NEVER gives up.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    Well, see what you did there, I looks as though the Libs/media have been partially successful in their job, even you, in the middle of your rant posited " as soon as A GUN kills someone". Not "when someone is shot", or "when a person IS SHOT", or "some bastard killed someone with a gun". Your own terminology was "as soon as A GUN kills someone". See the not so subtle implication? The subliminal message is that is the gun did it, not the person using it. Even you are walking around with their message partially imbedded in your subconscious.

Now, those of us that understand the differences and our rights etc. easily override this. But the individual that doesn't know better, their thought processes have been gradually reprogrammed to what the dark side is trying to push. And we have to admit, all things considered, they have been HUGELY successful at it.

This should exemplify the problem that we have before us. It is up to US to turn the narrative back to the common sense issue. The RESPONSIBILITY of the INDIVIDUAL. We need to spend the time and effort to make sure that we correct the conversations that we engage in, send the letters to the editors posing the questions that need to be asked, like you did above, but make sure that it is properly worded and addressed. And above all else hold our Congress Critters to task, make them aware when they are wrong. You all know the rest.

But, even when we do get things turned around - and we will at some point - we still can't rest and think that we have won the war. Because WE KNOW BETTER! Things just aren't the way the should be and lots of people just don't think they way that our grandparents did anymore. We know this and we know that we cannot EVER relax and think that they all get it now. Because the other side NEVER gives up.

You're right, I should have said a vehicle in the instance of the drunk driver. I should have said the bomb in the instance of the bomber. However, I also copied this from a facebook picture I saw from someones page, so I didn't see fit to change it. By the way, the facebook page is a pro-gun page.

Also, I feel like you didn't catch the intent of that quote. It is asking why when bombs go offer bombers are blamed but when guns go off, guns are blamed? shouldn't we blame the SHOOTER.

Top Bottom