• ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Intruders pistol-whip woman, 63 | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Police are looking for three men who pistol-whipped and robbed a 63-year-old woman at her Far-Eastside home Wednesday.

The victim was released from Community East Hospital after being treated for head injuries after the attack in the 3000 block of Pawnee Drive at about 1:40 p.m., according to a police report.
    adlabel_horz.gif

The attackers, each about 18 or 19 years old, knocked on the woman's door asking to cut her grass then pushed their way inside, police said.

One suspect had a gun, the vicitm told police. Another suspect encouraged the man holding the gun to shoot her, police said.

The homeowner grabbed for the gun and the suspect struck her in the head, police said. The suspects stole the woman's TV, purse, $400 and her silver 2002 Honda CRV.

The victim staggered to a neighbor's house and he called police.
    Crime scene investigators searched the woman's ransacked house for fingerprints and other evidence, police said.

(Emphasis mine)

That could have turned way worse, if they decided to eliminate the witness.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Nod nod... when I saw that on the news last night I said to Lars, "And this is why I don't answer the door when you're not home."

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Those folks that need to be at my door will call first. All others are subject to serious scrutiny before, or if the door is to be opened at all. Several would be surprised to see what's in my hand, that's just aft of my hip. :cool:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Those folks that need to be at my door will call first. All others are subject to serious scrutiny before, or if the door is to be opened at all. Several would be surprised to see what's in my hand, that's just aft of my hip. :cool:
    Provided that people don't know the secret knock. Or the special one for blondes that goes like this:

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Annie walks/knocks by walking while looking down to make sure her feet are working, until she runs into the door..... then she hollers, "knock, knock" :rolleyes:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Annie walks/knocks by walking while looking down to make sure her feet are working, until she runs into the door..... then she hollers, "knock, knock" :rolleyes:
    And yet, when I have a loaded weapon in my hands...he still stands there.
    He's either really brave...or really stupid!! :D:p

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    .....not brave or stupid....... my dog will tell me you're coming.... I've seen you shoot..... just aim at me, and I'll be fine. :D

...and for those of you who don't know Annie, that furry creature in her avatar is NOT her.. just didn't want anyone to get, you know, confused..... :eek:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    ...and for those of you who don't know Annie, that furry creature in her avatar is NOT her.. just didn't want anyone to get, you know, confused..... :eek:

Figured as much. Annie knows too much to have a "gangsta lean" on the pistol while shooting it. :D

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Yes, home invasions are one reason to carry at home.

Another good reason for carrying at home that gun owners can benefit from with 100% probability is that it's good practice in the art of carrying - trying new rigs, what works, what doesn't, what's comfortable, what isn't, etc.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yes, home invasions are one reason to carry at home.

Another good reason for carrying at home that gun owners can benefit from with 100% probability is that it's good practice in the art of carrying

And as a #3, carrying the gun on your person ensures is out of reach of kids, visitors and other unauthorized type people, but is still instantly accessible should you need it. Beats having it shoved under a mattress or in a nightstand, or locked up in a safe.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And as a #3, carrying the gun on your person ensures is out of reach of kids, visitors and other unauthorized type people, but is still instantly accessible should you need it. Beats having it shoved under a mattress or in a nightstand, or locked up in a safe.

This is such a good point. I carry mine on me 90% of the time. The other 10% is when I get to wrestling with my kids. Not a good thing for them to get smacked with a pistol on my waist. My mom freaked out thinking the gun would go off and refused to believe me when i told her you actually have to have a bullet in the chamber before the gun can go off.

I mainly carry mine because leaving mine in the safe would mean if someone breaks in I have to leave my loved ones downstairs in harms way while I retrieve my pistol. I can't have that.

KevinH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry at home almost all of the time. I don't when chain sawing because I don't want to clean my Glock if it hasn't been fired. The neighbors look at me a bit strange, but they usually do anyway. I have become so used to it being at my side (the dogs don't like me that much) and feel funny when walking in to work and it is not there. They believe guns kill, and I suppose that pens mis-spell words, too! Let me look, yup, it's there. U.S. Grant said, "It's better to have and not need than need and not have."

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I carry at home almost all of the time. I don't when chain sawing because I don't want to clean my Glock if it hasn't been fired.

I learned that De-Thatching your yard whislt carrying isn't a good idea either...

Are you saying you carry your pistol with an empty chamber?? Why?

For one, out of respect for my mother. For two, I wrestle with my kids on the floor. That would end badly. And for three, by the time they break down the door or climb through the window, I'll have it out, cocked, and loaded before they can say Oh ****. When i'm out, I don't really know. I guess I could carry one in the chamber but I'd feel a bit uneasy I guess. Maybe after some more time I'll feel more comfortable. I haven't really trained myself much on flipping off the safety and either pulling back the hammer or just pulling the trigger. I've trained myself more to Pull, Rack, Aim. It's a slower process, I know, but living in this house it's the safest possible course of action.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Thats why I go to the door with a gun in hand.
    On the plus side it has been a LONG while since I either had a door to door salesman, or someone asking me to change my religion.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea, I do that but with hand on my pistol whilst undoing the retaining strap. I look out the window and go from there. I was more refering to someone forcing themselves in. But yea, it's fun seeing an Obama supporter's reaction to seeing me OC when I step outside to "talk" to them. LOL

Top Bottom