• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Jasper
    Good video. Recently found their channel. Solid and well produced, entertaining content. They are admittedly 1911/2011 guys that came from Gucci glocks.

Hard to argue glock isn't still relevant. Or glock pattern pistols anyways.

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    8bbqhj.jpg

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    Over the past 20 or so years, I've had 3 different generations of Glock 19s. Just last year, I got a Gen 5 MOS. Partly because I wanted to try out RDS and my hammer-fired pistols are not optic-friendly. My main reason is that I think it is wise to have a few Glocks in case of gun limits/gun bans or even shift-type situations. You can always find Glock parts, magazines etc to stay armed.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Glock is a a viable option for shooters on a budget for a reliable service pistol. I remember in the mid 80’s I shot 5 rounds at a B27 on the line At 15 yards while we were setting up the PPC Qualifier.

It was my first Model 17. When the line approached the huge target a rookie on the department laughed that I missed the target. As we got closer, I pointed out the nice cluster in the scoring ledger in the upper left of the target.

I appreciated the square slide as it was the most welcoming of faster sight pics for me.

The triggers were tough and the sights were cheesey and we blew up a few shooting lead bullets. I remember that when shooting my other guns that my presentation of the 17 was off because of the grip angle.

For a department service weapon these things did not matter as the uniformity, practice, warranty adherence, and only shooting factory jacketed ammo was the policy. Glock even refurbished the inventory.

I wrung the platform out and have and still give Glock credit for their entry into a semi auto World that the only out of box guns semi automatic that would run was an all steel CZ and S&W 59 series. Double Action Autos presented challenges across the department as many could not learn the tricky trigger. Glocks ran. Something the fresh boxed 1911’s would not do.

The Safe Action Trigger was more uniform to learn. Sure, it was like pulling a tire through briar to get to the striker release but it worked.

The unsupported chamber, grip angle, and different barrel rifling does not streamline with all my other pistols that are funner and uniform across my battery.

The Glock history, like many things, is a clear image as to American Industry was asleep at the wheel. But, that alone does not make it a bad shoot able piece.

See you on the range

Trapper

Last edited:

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think Glocks are good looking guns. Not pretty, but cool looking. Glocks are easy to carry. There are no snag parts sticking out on them. The controls don't cut my fingers. I think Glock was pivotal in showing pistols don't need safety levers, which did a good job in training the masses to keep their finger off the trigger. The gen 3 finish was fantastic. Mine still looks new whereas my G43 slide finish wore off. My favorite pistol sights are the Glock factory U shaped rear sight. I still don't know why people don't like them? Glocks are affordable, reliable & accurate. When it comes down to it, that's all that matters for a combat gun.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    To me a Glock is. Solid, reliable, modular, utilitarian pistol. Perfect for mass production and distribution to folks who want cheap reliable, disposable firearms. Nothing wrong with that.

That said, they are about as exciting as a wet paper bag to me. Tried them out in various flavors multiple times, never kept one. Though the used market is super super saturated and the prices are way down on them now. So, may have to try it again, some guys never learn.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well there is about 20 minutes of my work day gone. (It was an entertaining video)

I have given my 19 year son 4 handguns. Gen 5 Glock 17, S&W Model 15, a 1911 and a Glock 43 (although he is reconsidering the G43 for a G26). My thought process is that if he can master these pistols he will know how to shoot almost any pistol. He will pretty much always be able to find holsters and ammo. There is a reason the 1911, K frame revolver and Glock pistols are popular and copied.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I think Glocks are good looking guns. Not pretty, but cool looking. Glocks are easy to carry. There are no snag parts sticking out on them. The controls don't cut my fingers. I think Glock was pivotal in showing pistols don't need safety levers, which did a good job in training the masses to keep their finger off the trigger. The gen 3 finish was fantastic. Mine still looks new whereas my G43 slide finish wore off. My favorite pistol sights are the Glock factory U shaped rear sight. I still don't know why people don't like them? Glocks are affordable, reliable & accurate. When it comes down to it, that's all that matters for a combat gun.
    Glocks dont need safety levers?
    Just what is that Dingus on the bottom of the trigger for?

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    showing pistols don't need safety levers
    This isn’t 100% accurate but it is understandable. The trigger blade does not need to have another motion to remove it and it really only has one purpose: a drop safety.
    I carry Glock clones. I don’t carry my 1911 nor my SA-35 much anymore because they DO HAVE a safety that requires an extra and, I might add, totally useless motion, to remove before your pistol works. Don’t need that extra, worthless, silly, motion to engage a bad guy. I would NEVER have a 1911 style thumb safety on any modern pistol I used for CCW.

Top Bottom