WHY Does It Say "United States of America"???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I don't believe it is legal tender. I'm not sure of legality, but I always see ads for different $1 coins -- even one with the World Trade Towers on it. People just making $$$$ on the Obamanation craze.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    If you're THAT upset about a collector coin, man are you gonna be PISSED when you hear about his tax policies. I'll let you get settled before I lay down his plans on the 2nd Amendment for ya.

Small fry ********. Gotta focus and prioritize.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Well, keep fighting the good fight and I'm sure he won't grace the front of non-US (sold on late night infomercial) currency - on your watch.

Sorry, but a gold coin is the least of your worries. I'm waiting to see what legislation he supports after Jan. He might be smarter than he looks and focus ONLY on the economy.

Wait and see.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Well, keep fighting the good fight and I'm sure he won't grace the front of non-US (sold on late night infomercial) currency - on your watch.

Sorry, but a gold coin is the least of your worries. I'm waiting to see what legislation he supports after Jan. He might be smarter than he looks and focus ONLY on the economy.

Wait and see.

Steelman,

The gold coin is representative of my concerns.

Some people think he's a god, and that scares me shitless.

The fact that he's on a coin - any coin - is unprecedented for a US elected official who is still living.

If they wanted to make a legal tender two cent piece with his face on it, I don't think there would be much objection at all.

Then that leads to bigger things.

Josh <><

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The fact that he's on a coin - any coin - is unprecedented for a US elected official who is still living.

Not to mention a violation of law IF created by the US Mint. As Metro said, this is a decal. The "art" is too good to be otherwise. If someone really wants to pay five bucks for a dollar coin with a sticker on it created by some private company... I am jealous of the guy who thought it up and is making big bucks on the idiots who will do so.

Alternatively (and hypothetically), I have to wonder if it was made by the US Mint, could it be someone leaked Hillary's plan? After all, you have to be dead to be on US money...

Blessings,
    B

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Just a private company trying to make a buck, I don't care. If he puts his face and/or logo on genuine legal tender, then I will have a problem. I believe Kennedy was the last one to receive that honor, and if anyone else does it would probably be Reagan.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Just a private company trying to make a buck, I don't care. If he puts his face and/or logo on genuine legal tender, then I will have a problem. I believe Kennedy was the last one to receive that honor, and if anyone else does it would probably be Reagan.

I know with stamps, the person honored by their likeness on the stamp has to have been dead for 10 years or more. Since while growing up, I saw silver dollars with Mr. Kennedy's likeness and a date in the late 60s (I think), this may not be true of coinage.

Anyone know for sure without having to look it up? (I'm just being lazy and not doing so myself.)

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom