• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    So we've had AT&T for the past 3 years, and now all they do is keep raising the prices. Who do you all have, and how do you like them.

To tell you the truth, it's just like the AT&T of old. Great at the start and then they start with the crappy, snotty service, laden with excuses and constantly raising prices.

Give me some feedback..........we're to the point of cancelling everything except internet, and looking for something else.

:popcorn:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    It's not really as Comcast-ic as they claim but they did lower my rates and I was able to keep the same services for about 10 minutes of talking to someone in a chatroom of theirs about billing questions.

I will have to ask them again here in the next couple of months as they only gave me a 6 month promo instead of the 12 month promo new customers get.

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    I did have ninestar, which is a rural Telecom company and they are awesome! But I moved back into my little town and was forced to go with commycast. First week it was installed the dvr didn't work. They replaced the box today. So far so good. $70 a month w/ internet

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    ROKU2 watching Internet TV, Not Bad and I can get the Local News. Only monthly charge (my choice) is for Net Flix and that is 7.99 a month. All my other choices are Free but there are many other Paid TV/Movie Options available. Internet is DSL thru local telephone provider

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have comcast currently, from what I have had they have the best internet speeds in Ft Wayne and their prices are reasonable especially since I don't have to pay for boxes on every single TV.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Insight Digital and Broadband 10.0
    Pretty decent service but you have to call about once a year and argue to get new customer pricing

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Brighthouse for TV/phone/Internet. No major complaints. Saved me about $40 a month to bundle, and they haven't jacked my rates (yet).

ATT keeps sending us ads, but they are more $$$ for less service, even with their intro offers.

My wife rally enjoys her TV. She is a full-time homemaker, so always has a TV on somewhere or is recording something for later.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Brighthouse for TV/phone/Internet. No major complaints. Saved me about $40 a month to bundle, and they haven't jacked my rates (yet).

ATT keeps sending us ads, but they are more $$$ for less service, even with their intro offers.

My wife rally enjoys her TV. She is a full-time homemaker, so always has a TV on somewhere or is recording something for later.

Looks like they'll be the winner................soooooooooooo sick of AT&T

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had brighthoue. Service sucked. Nothing ever really worked right. Had my son and his buddy (they were cable installers for a while) re-do the whole thing down to the last connector and it worked but still had issues off the pole. Dropped them for AT&T 6 months ago, love the service, prices are comparable with other packages and I will never allow a brighthouse tech or signal in my home again

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Weeellll, not exacthly...

At least in Marion and the donut counties, who you get with cable depends on where you live -- not your choice...

I've had Comunistcast since $39.95 got you ~everything~ they had.

It's reliable. It's quality. It's state of the technology. It's fast.

Their customer service is... ok. You have to learn how to work them. About once every 24 months (now, pay attention, this is important) I call them up and tell them I've had: enough/a financial crisis/divorce/death in the family/loss of job/just can't afford my service any more and REALLY need to shut it down or maybe get service reduced. And low and behold... they roll back the $40 or so dollars they've jacked my bill up since the last time I called.

Seriously though, cable (in my case, Comcast) gives me an exceptional high def picture, SPEEDTV, BBC America, and the Military Channel, a DVR, 24Mbps interwebz download, and a "landline" for $150/mo. And it works in storms (unless of course the entire neighborhood looses power).

Good luck.

whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I've had Direct Tv for 8 yrs... Love it and customer service is good too... And I have like 4 hunting channele.. My internet service is Tmoblie hotspot...

sedition00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Have Insight, no big complaints except they almost try to force you into a bundle, but it sounds like you might be interested in that.

Had Brighthouse before too, pretty good imo.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Had brighthoue. Service sucked. Nothing ever really worked right. Had my son and his buddy (they were cable installers for a while) re-do the whole thing down to the last connector and it worked but still had issues off the pole. Dropped them for AT&T 6 months ago, love the service, prices are comparable with other packages and I will never allow a brighthouse tech or signal in my home again

Believe me...........I was that way 4 years ago. Just wait......:rolleyes:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i have bridgemax. i cant tell you folks how much i hate it. right now i have a .9 download speed. durring the day it might get 2.1.

that said they are my only option besides 500 bucks a month for a t1

Top Bottom