• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    EBay is my go to place for just about anything. Great portal to a world wide marketplace and as I stated just about anything you can think of you can find it on EBay. I have purchased cars, electronics, computers, tools, boat parts, electric motors, I could go on and on.

Waynetucky10

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes fees are high. Listing fee(sometimes) plus final value fee plus paypal takes a cut on the payment. But for me, ebay is still the best place to list unusual or unique items. They have a huge audience that really no other auction site can match. So yes, you pay higher fees, but most of the time, I can get better prices, so it all evens out.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Buying on eBay

I buy a few select things on eBay from time to time. Diabetic meter test strips and lancets can be found much cheaper than in a local store. I did pick up a few gun related small items and added some items to my Marilyn Monroe memorabilia collection from there. Usually I look for the "Buy It Now!" option for the majority of things I am interested in.

Selling on there? Nope, never tried.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have been selling on E-bay for 10 years and a little buying here and there. Between E-bay, Pay-Pal and the USPS shipping prices it wont last much longer

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    The only thing I use Ebay for anymore is to look for a potential 4x4 project for cheap. Not that I am having any luck yet! LOL

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I buy movies, books, chemicals, seeds, test equipment, obscure things on ebay. Stuff that's hard to find elsewhere. If it's easier or cheaper elsewhere, that's where I get it. I would love to find other places for some things.

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    I still buy things on ebay. I've only tried to sell one thing on there but after the fees and shipping, I ended up losing money on the deal :n00b:

pasonik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Speaking of Ebay: They have pages and pages of 30 round AR15 magazines for sale. I have bid on 4 auctions within the last 3 days and Ebay has removed all 4 before the aution ended. They explain several reasons but if you read their rules you'll find that high capacity magazines are prohbited. Anybody else having this problem?

ottoclicker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    Who uses eBay anymore? I feel they've priced themselves out of the online auctions because of fees for eBay then hitting you on the backend with PayPal.

I use to sell a lot on eBay, but they kept cutting into profits with increased fees, now I don't even buy on there. It was a tough transition at first, not going to
    eBay to check price or listing items to make a few bucks, but I pretty much all but forgot about them now. (Ironic that I'm making a post about them right?)

I only mention this because recently everyone is trying to sell AR mags and parts and got to thinking, how much profit are the really making? They could have sold it here or elsewhere for less to someone that truly wanted it for their own use (hard to prove I know) and probably still pocketed a better profit for themselves.

Amazon's where it's at now anyway!

Actually the profit on the high capacity mags will be quite good. This listings will be pulled for TOS violation and the seller will be re-imbursed the final value fee from eBay. Even if the auction is ended it will get flagged by ebay, it may take days to weeks but it will get pulled. The seller will get warned with each violation and eventual suspended for 30 days or so.
    I even had an auction get flagged by them that was closed 2 months prior, so they do eventually catch up.
    I have been a power seller for years, and I must say they are getting out of hand with the fee's. I have tried amazon but I still have better results on eBay even after paying there inflated fee prices.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I buy and sell very little on ebay. I've never had a bad experience and actually just listed a couple of items for sale the other day.

There are some real bargains to be found on ebay if you do your due dilligence and know what you're looking at.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I haven't been on Ebay for a long time, but the other day logged in for the heck of it and searched for "Beretta 92 grips". Not late model grips but original Series 92 with frame safety and Euro mag release. Was blown away to find there was a set listed!!!! They now reside on my first gen step side.

So there is some good on Ebay.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I've never posted anything on ebay but I still occasionally buy things off the sight. My current car cell phone charger was purchased through e bay; hands down the best phone charger I've ever used. Half the cost of anything I could have gotten locally and twice as good. I have also gotten different TV/computer cables off of e bay cheaper than I could have found locally.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Only thing I tried to sell was an M14E2 stock. A piece of wood. It didn't even last a couple hours before it got pulled, and they sent me a nastygram. It didn't even violate TOS, they were just being [bad word]s. It was over $200 when they pulled it. Malefactors.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i think their website is stupid...who wants to fillter through all the bullcrap and get 500 privacy notices per month...they have all this crap on the features of their website and nothing you need...i might buy it now with free shipping...but i am not reading through all their crap to figure out how much commission they are taking...screw em

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I use ebay to get some hard to find accessories- found a set of smith and wesson k frame diamond grips for my new 19-3, and gotten a few nice holsters for one or two of my guns. I also look, and if seller has their own website they sell stuff on, I generally buy direct from the seller

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    Yes fees are high. Listing fee(sometimes) plus final value fee plus paypal takes a cut on the payment. But for me, ebay is still the best place to list unusual or unique items. They have a huge audience that really no other auction site can match. So yes, you pay higher fees, but most of the time, I can get better prices, so it all evens out.

Well said Waynetucky. Well said.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I use E-Bay daily. I own a RV dealership and E-Bay is just another way for us to sell our campers. They charge $50.00 for a E-Bay Motors Buy It Now add. We just recently sold a pop up to Australia.

I also use it for personal use as I do most of my Christmas shopping and shoe shopping on E-Bay. I have been a member of theirs for 14 years.

Top Bottom