• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Looks like they had to film the after show by themselves too. That left a lot to be desired. Anti climax to an epic show. On well. I wonder how Sam and his family are doing.

I only watched the first 15 minutes or so. I was expecting much more than that.

Alan didn't waste anytime putting the weight back on. He looked much bigger than they day they dropped him off.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    As the boat was rolling in to pick up Sam, I thought that maybe he had won since they didn't show him calling in to tap out. Got to agree that the whole show was pretty much anti-climactic. I liked that Alan's wife was there but he didn't show a lot of emotion when he saw her. I missed out on the after show. My DVR didn't record it.

Matt

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I don't think they did a bad job on the reveal. You didn't know who won until they showed Sam. It was cool that the had Alan's wife there too.

The after show was god awful. It was a bad mystery science theater 3000 of the last episode with Alan, Lucas, and Chris.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    The aftershow was pretty lame. I was hoping they would show what they were allowed to carry. (I guess they did on the web) I agree with what was said earlier, I wonder how Sam is doing? I will admit Alan was a humble winner. Some of his comments were some real words to live by. I knew Alan would be in the finally, but I was shocked when Lucas tapped out. The canoe Alan built was truly awesome!!!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The aftershow was pretty lame. I was hoping they would show what they were allowed to carry. (I guess they did on the web) I agree with what was said earlier, I wonder how Sam is doing? I will admit Alan was a humble winner. Some of his comments were some real words to live by. I knew Alan would be in the finally, but I was shocked when Lucas tapped out. The canoe Alan built was truly awesome!!!

A minor point of correction, although by your typing I think(?) you just misnamed the guy, but it was Lucas, not Alan, who built the boat.

Lucas was also the one who built the most stable home as well.

Lucas was really good at making and building things, the best on this season. I too was surprised that he quit.

Doug

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

A minor point of correction, although by your typing I think(?) you just misnamed the guy, but it was Lucas, not Alan, who built the boat.

Lucas was also the one who built the most stable home as well.

Lucas was really good at making and building things, the best on this season. I too was surprised that he quit.

Doug
    Only serves as evidence that surviving is just as much as your mentality as it is your skills and resources... They all work together and you're only as strong as your weakest link...

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Sorry my bad. I did realize it was Lucas, who built that canoe....that was truly impressive!!!! and once again very disappointed with the after show.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I really enjoyed the show, and I kind of had a feeling Allen would be the last to go. If you go to the History channel website, you can see Lucas, Mitch and Sam's return home. It was nice to see Lucas be home in time for Christmas with his family, Sam see his wife before their child was born, and Mitch to see his mom before she passes.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I really enjoyed the show, and I kind of had a feeling Allen would be the last to go. If you go to the History channel website, you can see Lucas, Mitch and Sam's return home. It was nice to see Lucas be home in time for Christmas with his family, Sam see his wife before their child was born, and Mitch to see his mom before she passes.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check that out.

Young William

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Who is watching season 3 of Alone – Patagonia? The contestants on this season are more impressive than ever. I think we are on day 56 or so and we still have 5 people left. I think they are Callie, Carleigh, Megan, Dave and Dan. My pick to win is Callie. Who is yours?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The three women and the remaining men are bada**es.

I think Callie could win as long as her spider bites and the infections don't get much worse. The shelters the women built are very, very nice (as was Farrell's).

By contrast, on the first episode of "the Wheel," I was surprised to see such weak fire steel technique demonstrated by . . . all of them. I know they're billed as amateurs, but if you're going into that situation, wouldn't it make sense to really learn how to use a fire steel to start a fire (and practice it) rather than just watch youtube videos and verify that you can scrape some sparks before you leave home?

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Callie is BullGoose in my estimation. Shes a bit of a fruity tree hugger( literally) but tough. Her shelter is super nice and she caught her mouse quickly. I think I would have tapped if I had three spider bites and swollen glands. Of course I had no idea what to use as a poultice to reduce the infection.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Callie is BullGoose in my estimation. Shes a bit of a fruity tree hugger( literally) but tough. Her shelter is super nice and she caught her mouse quickly. I think I would have tapped if I had three spider bites and swollen glands. Of course I had no idea what to use as a poultice to reduce the infection.

Hah! I had to google "bullgoose" and "bull goose" . . . I'd never read or heard that before.

She's also entertaining. The scene where she pretended she was going to quit fooled me and it's just fun listening to her talk. Some of the others (including other seasons) not so much.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Hah! I had to google "bullgoose" and "bull goose" . . . I'd never read or heard that before.

She's also entertaining. The scene where she pretended she was going to quit fooled me and it's just fun listening to her talk. Some of the others (including other seasons) not so much.

Yeah, she has a great attitude. She would be my pick unless she is forced to quit because of the spider bites. She also seems to like getting naked on camera a lot....

terrance250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    Have watched every episode since the show first aired & it's hands down my favorite. I was really pulling for the Drywaller guy this season, but now am putting my money on hippie chick! Fowler has got some serious skills, but I think him missing his family will do him in eventually.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, she has a great attitude. She would be my pick unless she is forced to quit because of the spider bites. She also seems to like getting naked on camera a lot....

I don't have a problem with that! Hah!

Seems like several of the people this season live their regular lives not much differently than what they're doing on Alone. That's a huge advantage over someone who just practices survival and bushcraft skills on the weekends, then spends the rest of the week in their suburban house with electricity from the grid and running water.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Love the show. Watched all 3 seasons so far. Definitely gets better each season.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out this year. Thought Callie was going to go home twice now but she's fooled me. Good attitude, etc. Will be interesting to see how the winter plays into everything, guessing people get quite hungry.

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    I've been watching this season, my 10 year old daughter has gotten interested in the show too. At first I thought Callie was not going to last long when she started building a chair before she built a shelter. She sure did prove me wrong...great survival skills and great attitude.

Top Bottom