• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    It all starts Saturday. I won't be there this weekend but plan on travelling next week.

I have a pig of a .54cal I am trying to fix up...

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I haven't been to Friendship in a long time.

Does anything going on during the week. Might call a buddy and see about going down.

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    I haven't been to Friendship in a long time.

Does anything going on during the week. Might call a buddy and see about going down.
    ....after Tuesday, a lot of the sheep shed vendors are out....went in the spring, the primitive area was sparse as far as vendors....the flea market in town was OK...didn't go up to China Junk Hill (flea market on east end)....sheep sheds and primitive are pretty dead by the second weekend....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I want to go some time. But already had to move my range trip to tomorrow because the wife wants to go to an event next saturday.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    ....after Tuesday, a lot of the sheep shed vendors are out....went in the spring, the primitive area was sparse as far as vendors....the flea market in town was OK...didn't go up to China Junk Hill (flea market on east end)....sheep sheds and primitive are pretty dead by the second weekend....
    Thank You

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Monday was good. The weather was nice. Only 7 vendors pulled out after the weekend but they had a "customer appreciation night" Monday from 7pm-9pm.

All the vendors had special prices and they all brought gallons of homemade wine and venison, cheese and other finger foods.

I found all I needed to fix up two front stuffers I was working on. A good time was had by all.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Last weekend was the busiest I've seen a fall shoot in some time. Everything just sort of seemed to be running a little bit better. I had a funeral I had to go to Saturday, so it was late afternoon before I got in. Spent Sunday just nosing around Madison, and took a spin through Clifty falls State Park. I'm trying to talk Miss Lyn into going back down there with me in a couple of weeks. It was something. Had another funeral Monday that I had to go back up to Albany for, so just wasn't feeling the festivities Monday night. That's a shame, because it's almost always fun. Tuesday went up to the Primitive range. Tried out a Dixie poor boy cap gun I bought in the spring. What a shooter! Ran the woods walk Wednesday, then headed home.

I should point out that the woods walk gets a little bit better almost every time I go through it, and Wednesday was no exception. Those guys really put the work in on it, and it shows.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Years ago (late 1990' earlier 2000's) there was a guy that made BP revolvers by himself. Or that was my understanding. He forged the frames cylinders barrel etc. He made really nice revolvers.
    Is he still there? I can't remember his name, or his company name.

I haven't been to Friendships shoot since covid IIRC they shut down for covid also.
    I live 7 miles from Friendship.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Wife and I went yesterday. We usually camp there for 3 - 4 days but have family things this year so only went one day. I like to shoot their Woodswalk, low key fun shoot.
    Beat everyone in my relay by 2 points last year, competition was not that fierce. This year used a Kibler Woodrunner I just finished. Have not fine tuned the sights/load yet so my score was dismal. I figured it would be. Still lots of fun.

Flea market was in full swing (wife was happy). Vendors row was mostly vacant. It was a Thursday during the week so there aren't many there. Did order a pair of custom moccasins from a nice lady.

We both needed a day out.

Don

Top Bottom