• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    For those of you seeking Varget. I have read on the CMP Forum that IMR 4064 is VERY close to Varget. If I were seeking Varget, and couldn’t find it available, I would verify with IMR that IMR 4064 could be safely substituted for Varget, and if it is so, you might find it more assessible, and satisfactory to use.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    For those of you seeking Varget. I have read on the CMP Forum that IMR 4064 is VERY close to Varget. If I were seeking Varget, and couldn’t find it available, I would verify with IMR that IMR 4064 could be safely substituted for Varget, and if it is so, you might find it more assessible, and satisfactory to use.
    Varget and IMR 4064 have similar burn characteristics but they certainly are not interchangeable. Varget is known for its consistent performance in varying temperatures. I load 4064 for my larger calibers, Varget is a bit more versatile IMHO.

Dave A

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Hancock Co.
    Ramshot's TAC and "Shooter's World" Precision are a good substitute for Varget. TAC is sometimes on the shelf but I have only seen Shooter's World products on line (sometimes with free shipping).

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Shhhhh! Don't be increasing demand for 4064! :D

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Ramshot's TAC and "Shooter's World" Precision are a good substitute for Varget. TAC is sometimes on the shelf but I have only seen Shooter's World products on line (sometimes with free shipping).
    I changed over to Shooter's World Precision after like the 12th month of Varget unavailability. Works pretty good, on average lower speeds than Varget.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Has anyone seen any Reloader powders, like 15 or 16, anywhere on the shelf? I haven't seen any of that, except on WalletBreaker, for some time

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Willphill12
    Top Bottom