• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have been looking for a while and finally found Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl. This is one of my all time favorite albums. I have listened to it twice already. There is just something about the sound of your favorite band on vinyl that just makes it better. Who else out there loves vinyl and what are some of your favorites.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I don't currently own a record player, but I agree it sounds fantastic. Analog captures every single sound, while digital cuts a lot of sounds off at the top and bottom.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We're out there, you just have to look hard to find us! Our 45 collection numbers well over 3000 while our LP collection is probably around 200. We buy albums primarily for the cover art. It all started out with the simple purchase of a jukebox. . . . . . . . . .our goal is to ultimately transfer everything to computer and then buy a cd jukebox and load everything into it!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    There is a bunch of stuff I'd rather listen to on vinyl but I'm broke right now. Old country, gospel, blues, jazz, folk, big band type of stuff. I'm not really into much rock or metal so you guys can have all of those. Another thing that would be sweet to have is the Alan Lomax stuff (Songs of the South and the Appalachian gospel stuff), I already have it in digital format but it would have more feel to it on vinyl.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Vinyl is so comfortable and classy.

vinylman.jpg

Wait... What kind of vinyl are you talking about? :scratch:

:D

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of the great shames of the digital age of music is the loss of all the great cover art! Vinyl albums were a perfect canvas for some of the greatest and most iconic art of the 20th century. Now that I mention it, the whole idea of the "album" has been lost all together with iTunes and what-not where you can go get individual songs. There is certainly something to be said a bout a great ALBUM that you can listen to all the way through, and reads as one piece of art!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I bought a record player this summer to replace an older unit... It has been fun telling people about it. I guess alot of folk don't realize you can buy a new player and albums in the store again.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I bought a record player this summer to replace an older unit... It has been fun telling people about it. I guess alot of folk don't realize you can buy a new player and albums in the store again.

The music industry is pushing vinyl BIG time lately. Not as easy to steal the music from it a it is to break the protection on a CD.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I agree the cover art is very cool also. I am using my dads turntable from back in the day and playing it through a vintage pioneer receiver. I am 27 so I grew up buying CDs but I got into vinyl a couple years ago. I am a huge fan of classic rock and listening to it through the equipment from the same era just makes it better.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    I've got a hundred or more albums from the 70-80's and a really nice B&O turntable, you mean that there is may be somebody that might trade guns for this stuff???

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've got a hundred or more albums from the 70-80's and a really nice B&O turntable, you mean that there is may be somebody that might trade guns for this stuff???

I doubt if you will get guns traded even for a hundred albums unless there are some rare ones like the Beatles "Butcher" album or an unopened "Thriller". I recently bought a shipping box full of albums, 85 if I remember right, and they were all pristine and good titles. Cost me $20:rockwoot:. We haven't gotten around to playing any of them yet as we don't have the turntable hooked up, we have a little cheap record player that we use to preview 45's when we find some but it's too crappy to risk a nice LP on.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    While I have vinyl albums and a quality turntable, have you noticed that modern Receivers don't even have an RIAA equalized phono input these days? You need to buy or build your own!
    But I have been looking for a reasonably priced Edison cylinder player. Nothing like some John Phillips Sousa on one of those, my friends.
    You young Whippersnappers and your new fangled technology!!:oldwise:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have been looking for a while and finally found Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl. This is one of my all time favorite albums. I have listened to it twice already. There is just something about the sound of your favorite band on vinyl that just makes it better. Who else out there loves vinyl and what are some of your favorites.

I lost a LOT of my stuff when I first moved. Some of it has been replaced by (of all things) estate sales, thrift stores, and garage sales. The only thing that I've found that sounds better digitally than on vinyl is the Beatles, except for Abbey Road and Let it Be.

Top Bottom