• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Frank Proctor is one heck of a guy to train with. Trying to get my wife to take a vacation to Alabama so I can go train at his facility. I wish we had somebody like that around here.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I plan on training with Frank next year. What can I expect to see out of him that I won't get with someone else?

I haven't trained with him yet, but here is what appeals to me: he recognizes and advocates a blend of the best that USPSA and 3-gun competition has to offer with what he knows and has experienced in his military career. That's not unique because people like LAV, Kyle Lamb, and Pat Macnamara do the same thing, but I like the way Mr. Proctor presents the material based on his television appearances. I know I can learn a hell of a lot from any of them, but from what I've seen I like Proctor's style the best.

I will train with LAV and probably Kyle Lamb someday too when possible. I'm too scared of Pat Macnamara to attend his classes, which may be ridiculous and based on very limited information, but it's true! I know that his classes would be too rigorous for me physically too. That may prove true for the other, but it's almost a sure thing with him.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I haven't trained with him yet, but here is what appeals to me: he recognizes and advocates a blend of the best that USPSA and 3-gun competition has to offer with what he knows and has experienced in his military career. That's not unique because people like LAV, Kyle Lamb, and Pat Macnamara do the same thing, but I like the way Mr. Proctor presents the material based on his television appearances. I know I can learn a hell of a lot from any of them, but from what I've seen I like Proctor's style the best.

I will train with LAV and probably Kyle Lamb someday too when possible. I'm too scared of Pat Macnamara to attend his classes, which may be ridiculous and based on very limited information, but it's true! I know that his classes would be too rigorous for me physically too. That may prove true for the other, but it's almost a sure thing with him.

I have both of the Procter Dvd's and I would agree with your observations. I was just wondering since hvacrguy seems to have trained with him and others, what he felt the differences were. Honestly, other than personalities, there hasn't been a huge difference in the numerous people I have trained with. You?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have both of the Procter Dvd's and I would agree with your observations. I was just wondering since hvacrguy seems to have trained with him and others, what he felt the differences were. Honestly, other than personalities, there hasn't been a huge difference in the numerous people I have trained with. You?

That's definitely a huge part of it, although I have noted that some are more effective communicators than others, even among those that I consider excellent teachers. Probably the "sameness" we have experienced has been influenced at least in part by how selective we are with out time and money.

I think the biggest differences show among the people who are more "seasoned" (i.e. the old guys). A lot of them have "something" that others don't, like the way Louis Awerbuck was almost supernaturally aware of everything that happened on the range even if you didn't think he was looking.

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    I plan on training with Frank next year. What can I expect to see out of him that I won't get with someone else?

I guess the main thing I like with Frank was it was like training with your best friend, but Frank is a hell of a lot smarter and a way better shooter than my best friend. He was just really really down to earth and not all wrapped around himself like some others. All around cool guy and would pay to train with him. Some of these others that haven't been named yet not so much. The way Franks videos are is the way he is in person just a down to earth good ole' boy that can shoot really freaking fast and good.

Another one I would like to add to the mix is Matt Graham he seems pretty down to earth.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I guess the main thing I like with Frank was it was like training with your best friend, but Frank is a hell of a lot smarter and a way better shooter than my best friend. He was just really really down to earth and not all wrapped around himself like some others. All around cool guy and would pay to train with him. Some of these others that haven't been named yet not so much. The way Franks videos are is the way he is in person just a down to earth good ole' boy that can shoot really freaking fast and good.

Another one I would like to add to the mix is Matt Graham he seems pretty down to earth.

Thanks.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    I'm too scared of Pat Macnamara to attend his classes, which may be ridiculous and based on very limited information, but it's true! I know that his classes would be too rigorous for me physically too. That may prove true for the other, but it's almost a sure thing with him.

Your fears are unfounded. His course is not that physically demanding. now if you took his Combat Fitness course, that may be different....

Top Bottom