Whither the .45 acp Federal Value Packs?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Before I got my 1911, I was seeing the Federal Champion 100 round Value Packs ($29.97) all the time at Wally World. Now every store around me (Beech Grove, Southport, Greenwood and Camby/Mooresville) is sold out and has been for a couple of weeks. Anyone else starting to see a shortage of (cheap) .45 acp? Is it the election or just my bad luck? :(

I know, I really need to start reloading (I'm working on it!), but in the mean time, I just hate having to pay 40 cents or more per round for range ammo! I really don't want to resort to Tula either. :xmad:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, I've seen that too, but when you add in the shipping charges, it's back up to around 0.38/round. I'm kicking myself for not ordering some from Palmetto State when they had free shipping last weekend.

It will come back around. However, they raise the price per box during the free shipping. I am going to wait and see if they do the $15 and free shipping. I will stock up then.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Seems that at these prices, a reloading press could pay for itself in just a few thousand rounds. How much do you shoot?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The Federal Champion 100 round packs at WalMart always go quickly. People have figured that out and buy them up when they see them.

lonegun3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    I always try to buy them up when I see them. It seems like lately they have not gotten as much in as they used to. Oddly, only one of my four local Wal-Marts even carry them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It will come back around. However, they raise the price per box during the free shipping. I am going to wait and see if they do the $15 and free shipping. I will stock up then.
    They had Blazer Brass for 15/50 this time. I don't know what I was thinking... :n00b:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Seems that at these prices, a reloading press could pay for itself in just a few thousand rounds. How much do you shoot?
    That's the plan... I've got the press and a few miscellaneous items. Still need to get the dies, powder, bullets, primers... probably other things that I don't even know about yet. :): Not to mention a bench and a place to put it! I'll get there eventually. I don't shoot a lot right now, but I'm sure I will shoot more once I get into reloading full on. I've heard it said that you don't really save any money by reloading... you just shoot more! ;)

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    :rolleyes:This goes against my better judgement since I'm just now getting back to shooting .45 but the Wally world in West field has had at least a dozen boxes of federal 100 packs in stock for $30 ($32+change after tax) I bought 2 a few days ago, and went back for another box a few days later.Just leave me a box or two:rolleyes: 9MM 100 packs on the other hand sells faster than girl scout cookies, so when I see it I buy every box on the shelf if I'm able (as long as the Lady isn't with me to see why she doesn't have an iPad:D)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :rolleyes:This goes against my better judgement since I'm just now getting back to shooting .45 but the Wally world in West field has had at least a dozen boxes of federal 100 packs in stock for $30 ($32+change after tax) I bought 2 a few days ago, and went back for another box a few days later.Just leave me a box or two:rolleyes: 9MM 100 packs on the other hand sells faster than girl scout cookies, so when I see it I buy every box on the shelf if I'm able (as long as the Lady isn't with me to see why she doesn't have an iPad:D)
    LOL! Don't worry... if it's up in Westfield it's safe from me. Appreciate the info though! :) I ordered some reloads from Freedom Munitions last night, so hopefully those will tide me over until the Walmarts near me restock.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looks like we cruise the same WalMarts. I don't shoot much 45 though ;) I haven't seen the 9mm or 45acp value packs for a few weeks but County Line had some 40s&w a couple days ago.

I usually post in the "get your ammo here" thread when I find a WalMart that is stocked up.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition_and_reloading/78409-get_your_ammo_here.html
    Thanks for the reminder! I'd forgotten about that thread. Yeah, I don't see any shortage of .40 out there.

Top Bottom