• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    OK, I'm not really buying into all the conspiracy theories but it's hard to believe ALL the ammo and reloading supplies have been purchased by civilians. Prices are still stupid high for everything from .22 to 50 cal. Reloading supplies are all "sold out" and when ammo does show up on shelves or a web site (in small quantities) it vanishes faster than tax dollars on capital hill. Something has to give soon, this is insane. I have enough than it won't curtail my shooting routine for quite some time but, not seeing a supply to restock in the future has me a bit concerned.

What are your thoughts?

Feels good just to get that off my chest.

Gibson90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Not sure i buy into the conspiracy theory about the gov't buying it all up. I've planned a day of shooting (including some tannerite) with my dad in a couple weekends and it is so frustrating not being able to find ammo.

More importantly, I just saw your signature at the end of your post. A big salute to your son for paying the ultimate price so that we can all maintain and enjoy all of the freedoms we have in this country. Now out lawmakers just have to remember all of sacrifices great men and women have made before taking them away.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't think the .gov is buying all the ammo up. But between the purchases they are making and the panic their proposed policies/laws is certainly creating the same effect--taking the fun out and making shooting less accessible to shooters.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    I don't think the .gov is buying all the ammo up. But between the purchases they are making and the panic their proposed policies/laws is certainly creating the same effect--taking the fun out and making shooting less accessible to shooters.

I agree that it's a combination of the two factors. Unfortunately, every time that I think the manufacturers are going to catch up DHS goes crazy with their purchasing policies. It has impacted my shooting schedule cause I don't want to let my inventory get too low.:ar15:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    No, as soon as ammo hits the shelves it's gone. My local gun shop can not keep ammo on the shelves for long. Most people that come in as for three things. Ammo, AR mags, and AR's. I walked past sporting goods in Chinamrt on Sunday. They had two boxes of .38, and shotgun shells. A couple of guys I know opend a new shop on Saturday. Bu the time I got there, they where pretty much sold out of ammo. It's called supply and demand. People are freaking out, and panic buying. Why is it hard to find reloading supplies? Manufactures are not putting out as much as there were, they need supplies to manufacture ammo. That, and a lot of people started reloading, because they could not find ammo. As well as people panic buying. There is no consericy, it's simple economics.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Yes, I agree the demand is high and the supply is short. Economics and politics play a major role in our current situation. It's just that we've not seen the likes of this ever before and it is a bit of a shock to see shortages in a nation as great as ours.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Glad I got my reloading kit a couple of months ago and plenty of components to keep me happy at the range for quite a while.

If I want it in a few months, or think I do, I backorder it online now and wait.

exbrit

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Northeast Indiana
    the hoarders are still out there

I was talking to one of my LGS and he advised that the hoarders are still making the rounds sometimes as much as twice a week. He says that if he didnt put controls on, they would clean off hos shelves. I have only purchased what I need in the way of supplies and the LGS have kept me supplied all the way through this troubling period.
    With all the new firearms that were sold after the tragedy at SH everyone wants ammo. Its going to take about 4 to 5 months to get caught up so that we have a normal suplly. BUT that assumes the hoarders dont keep stripping the shelves bare!
    I am still shooting my regular 150 to 200 rounds a week and have enough components and powder to see me in to early summer.
    I am fortunate enough to have a couple LGS that know how much I shoot and know what i need in the way of supplies. They call me and let me know when the powders or primers i need are in stock.
    Just hang in there and it will get better.
    been through this three times and this is the worst, and this time new owners were out buying and they all are needing ammo.
    The government purchases are not much above their normal demand and the impact on ammo production has been exaggerated. Its the civilian demand that has pushed it over the top.
    Even reloading supplies have been impacted. Primers have been scarce as they have been used to produce the finished ammo that most people want.
    :twocents:
    Roger

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I really wonder if the hoarders would actually stand up for their rights if what they are buying all the ammo up for actually happens?

I also wonder if emperor barack is being shielded from finding out that this country is armed to the teeth now more than ever?

As I have said before, I pray that we never find out.

Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Great thread ! However from a Veteran of The United States Army 82nd AirBorne I would like to thank your family and especially your PFC (LB) 4/17/2007 for your sacrifice and his service !!! He , along with many others will not be forgotten! I consider him a hero and a friend whom I did not have the chance to know!

Top Bottom