• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmtbug21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Johnson County
    So, I did some work for an elderly friend of mine. He has a large collection of fine rifles and shotguns. He asked me to come over and catalog his firearms for insurance purposes. After I was done, he tried to pay me for my time with, which I declined. He then insisted on giving me a gun of my choosing (on ones that he didn't have an attachment on of course).

I decided on two to pick from. The first is a Browning Buckmark Rifle 22LR, just like the pistol except with a built on stock and bull barrel.

The second is a Thompson Center 22 Classic Benchmark. The Benchmark also has a bull barrel. It has a nice monte carlo stock. I've read about the chamber chipping from the extractor, which this one does not have.

Both are stock, well taken care of, and with minimal rounds.

I don't know much about either one of these rifles but I'm kinda leaning towards the T/C being that I've read it is more accurate and could have more collector appeal down the road. I was wondering what you guys would pick? I know both are for different purposes but I don't have a single purpose I intend it for. I just want it for my collection and of course some good ol' fashioned 22 plinkin.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would normally always go with a Browning, but I don't like that gimmicky looking thing at all. So between those two choices, I would go T/C.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Agree with Expat, it is goofy looking, but hands down I would still go with Browning

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I would go with the Buckmark rifle. I would assume (although I may be wrong) that parts will be more readily available to keep the Buckmark rifle running.

And it seems to be a more unique piece and will be different than most another rifles.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    IMO, it depends on whats more important to you. I would think the T/C would be more accurate off the bench and we all know T/C is a great rifle. However, for a good all round gun, plinking, jamming in your go bag, basic survival, I would say the Browning. The Buckmark series is a great model. I have it in the pistol and passed up a good deal on the rifle when funds were a bit light. I have regretted every since.
    Best of luck and see... Karma rewards for good deeds!

Top Bottom