Which books to buy? (not including fiction)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    So, I got a $100 gift card for Barnes and Noble for Christmas and I would love some ideas on how to spend it. I've probably read 10+ post apocolyptic type fiction books to date and have 5-8 more in the closet already. My desires for this gift card is to actually better my collection of books that would benefit us in SHTF. SHTF medicinal, SHTF cooking, books like "The Way Things Work" are some others I'm at interested in. So, what are everyone's recommendations? If you had some books to recommend to someone still "new" to prepping, what would they be? I've downloaded several military field manuals and literature of that type, but I'm sure there is plenty more out there, so what say you INGO?

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    The Merck Manual of Medical Information, Being Your Own Wilderness Doctor.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    The Art of Making Fermented Sausages - Stanley Marianski

The height of that one is that when / until the fan isn't hit you can practice curing meat.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    This thread is a little old I know but I just borrowed a good book from a fellow prepper that I recommend.
    "Holding your Ground, Preparing for Defense if it all Falls Apart" by Joe Nobody
    Sound tactics and how to set up you BOL for either a passive or aggressive stance. Good ideas in Early Warning Systems for intruders, too.

Top Bottom