• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I was at the old Navistar plant on break. We went out for lunch and didn't go back. We couldn't believe what we were seeing and then we saw the second plane hit. Then it was home and on the phone with family and friends. I still recall it like it just happened.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I was sitting in a sales meeting at my home office that morning, when a guy from another department comes rushing in the meeting room. As he was flipping on the TV, he told us that a plane had hit the World Trade Center. We watched in horror as the other came in.

I remember driving back in a state of shock and disbelief. I also remember getting Super Unleaded gas because that was the only thing available. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I do remember thinking, "Oh my God I can't believe what I'm paying for gas."

Last edited:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I was at work when just before 9 a supervisor told us what was going on. The first words out of my mouth were "Bin Laden". I listened the rest of the morning on my radio. I had to go to personnel and they had a tv on. We were sent home at 11. I will never forget how surreal it was.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Working on the northwest side of Indy near the US Customs office. After the second plane hit someone came out of US Customs and took their flag (US Customs flag, not the Stars N Stripes) down and covered all the markings on the building. Gave my brother and I a really creepy feeling, knowing then the USA was under attack.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Well there I was minding my own business at work at a Rehab hospital in New Albany, Indiana when all this comotion about planes flying into buildings in New York started to be reported.
    You know I have a theory that with these kind of posts, we're all fired up about putting down our experiences but really don't care to read others' posts. I could be wrong. Maybe it's just me.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    There are a lot of kids in this forum.
    11 years... Those kids have grown up by now.

High Scool, Junior year, Algebra 2. The entire high school stopped classes for over three hours then had study hall the remainder of the day as several teachers had family or friends affected.

Last edited:

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Well there I was minding my own business at work at a Rehab hospital in New Albany, Indiana when all this comotion about planes flying into buildings in New York started to be reported.
    You know I have a theory that with these kind of posts, we're all fired up about putting down our experiences but really don't care to read others' posts. I could be wrong. Maybe it's just me.

Sorry... I really don't get this post at all. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I held my tongue on the first comment, but what exactly do you consider a "kid"? I've read through this whole thread, and see handful of people telling their story that are now mid-late twenties (myself included). I thought people were considered adults at the age of 18? If nothing else, you should be welcoming of a younger generation that's interested in 2A and everything that goes with it. :cool:

Grow some thick skin young man. What do you think I meant by a good place for them. That means in a forum with like minded people. What in the world did you think I meant. No knock but a realization there may be some hope for this country.
    I am soon be 63 yrs. old and have kids your age. Notice I said kids.

No knock. Stick around.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I was sitting in eighth grade earth science class in Norfolk, Virginia. My school was right around the corner from Little Creek amphibious base, and pretty much the entire area went on lockdown. They locked down the school and at noon they sent us all home early. I remember the bus ride home passing many entrances to the base and there were armed Marines at each entrance. There was hardly any air traffic on the base, and at Norfolk International Airport. It was so quiet it was erie. I got home in both my mom and dad were off work and my mom was crying, because she used to live in NYC and could see the towers from her apartment. My Dad looked right at me and said "Son we're going to war! They ****ed up and messed with the wrong country. "

JAH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Went from having 4 F-16s loaded for a training mission to having live air to air missiles and HEI ammo uploaded in less than 2 hours then proceeded to prepare for 24 hour operations and having the aircraft flying CAP and alert missions

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I was sitting in my office working on a particularly difficult case. I had turned off Q95 so I could concentrate a bit more when about a half our later a friend called me to say that a tower had been hit. I immediately turned Bob and Tom back on and they sounded so incredibly somber, I knew then that something was horribly wrong. I was still talking to my friend whe she witnesses the second tower being hit...she was absolutely hysterical.

The father of a good friend that I work with was killed at the pentagon. We were eventually sent home and I couldn't tear myself from the TV nor could I believe what I was seeing. It still doesn't seem real or possible. Never forget. :patriot:

Last edited:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I was young, but I remember it vividly. I was in the 2nd grade. I was in line with my class to go to our math class next door. A kid from the other classroom came in and said a bomb went off in New York City (Of course later we found out it was a plane that had struck the World Trade Center.) Our teachers began panicking and we turned on the news and watched the rest of the day. It's hard to believe it was 11 years ago. Seems like much less to me.

jkjudge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    I was triming a house out when my boss's Mom called him and said that a plane accidentally flew into a building in NY.

bart2278

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I was in the library of my middle school, 7th or 8th grade, taking a break from ISTEP and I looked at the tv and I watched it unfold.

Top Bottom