• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I want to replace the flag at our church as it is getting frayed and faded. It flies 24/7/365, so I need one that will hold up to the elements. I’m willing to spend good money as long as it’s good quality. I’m looking for 5’X8’ or 5’X9’6” size.

What’s the best material? I’ve seen cotton, nylon, etc. I also plan on treating it with UV protectant to prevent fading.

There are several on Amazon, but I don’t want a cheap one. Has to be American made, and the best quality I can get.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The club I belong too is constantly battered by wind and tears up a flag quickly. It's so windy there's a running joke that on some days you have to adjust for windage on the 20 yard range.

We found Annin Tough Tex flags lasted the longest. We get an average of 6 months or more flying the flag 24/7. No need to treat the flag with any protectorates. BTW we used to fly a 5x8 and found that due to the winds the edges fray quicker that the 4x6 due to wind whip. We now fly a 4x6 which is big enough for our flag pole.

Amazon product ASIN B00KO6V90U

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    The guys that run our asphalt plants at work coat the last inch with clear RTV (silicone) and swear they last twice as long. These flags are hundreds of feet up and take a beating.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    We fly the flag at the entrance to our development 24/7. Have had good luck with this flag from Amazon. Usually 10-12 months but have been able to extend their life by keeping an eye on the tail. Ten to fifteen minutes at the sewing machine re -hemming the tail adds many months to service. Have not had an issue with fading. Regardless of what the link shows, we fly a 4x6 at 24 to 30 feet.
    4x6 American Flag

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We get Annin brand on Amazon, on sale right now but I don't have the link. US made 5x8 about $35. They last us about 2 years of 24/7/365 display and would go longer if we could sew up the slightly frayed ends. Just ordered two more at the reduced price so I should be good for another 4 to 6 years.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Martin's Flag Shop - New Haven IN. Love to buy local. Proud to know they supplied the flag over the USS Arizona Memorial. Check out more pix on their FB page. Fair prices, quality products, awesome, friendly service.

Look up "Martin's Flag Shop" on FB... not letting me post link due to some 'tracking/ad block' issue

pearl.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom