• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • urustyone

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sorry if this is a repeat but I just had to vent. What our tax money is really buying. All within the last year. I used to know (no longer considered friends) a group of people who are on unemployment, welfare, and food stamps. They all eat and live better then a lot of hard working Americans. They are still strong Obama supporters and the reason is "because Obama helps people out." At the grocery they buy steaks and seafood and have large cookouts with the food stamps. They have purchased drugs, guns, ammo, 2 big screen flat panel tv's, souround sound systems, mp3 players, and spent over $1,500 on 2 kids for Christmas. Oh yeah and the most recent purchase a 4 wheeler for the kids. the girl has been unemployed and on welfare for over 4 years. None of the 5 people I am talking about have ever tried to get a job just collect unemployment money. We need to change the attitudes of the public that have learned from Obama's out of control spending!! BUT HOW??????

I forgot to mention they are currently filing bankrupcy.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sorry if this is a repeat but I just had to vent. What our tax money is really buying. All within the last year. I used to know (no longer considered friends) a group of people who are on unemployment, welfare, and food stamps. They all eat and live better then a lot of hard working Americans. They are still strong Obama supporters and the reason is "because Obama helps people out." At the grocery they buy steaks and seafood and have large cookouts with the food stamps. They have purchased drugs, guns, ammo, 2 big screen flat panel tv's, souround sound systems, mp3 players, and spent over $1,500 on 2 kids for Christmas. Oh yeah and the most recent purchase a 4 wheeler for the kids. the girl has been unemployed and on welfare for over 4 years. None of the 5 people I am talking about have ever tried to get a job just collect unemployment money. We need to change the attitudes of the public that have learned from Obama's out of control spending!! BUT HOW??????

By going Galt, that's how. When there is no one to pay their bills, they will learn quickly.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Unemployment insurance is not welfare, it's part of your compensation.

When you work for a company, there's a total cost associated with your employment. This includes your before tax pay, the equipment you use, the payroll taxes the employer pays, workers' comp insurance, and employment insurance. Much of that money you never see, but it is included in the total cost of employing you. Your worth on the market and to that company must include all of these costs.

Another way to say it is that because an employer is required by law to carry unemployment insurance on you, that premium came out of your pocket because it reflected your total worth to the employer, but because of the law, that money couldn't go directly to you, instead it had to be paid into a benefit on your behalf.

So, spend your unemployment check with a light heart, you earned it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

We don't live like that :(

Wouldn't take much for us to qualify, though. I would like cable tv, and a big ole tv to watch it on. Steaks and seafood.... we buy that now and again. Once, maybe twice a year. Unless you count beer battered fish fillets as seafood.

tca1352

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009

..Been on welfare for at least 4 years, and have never tried to find a job...... And yet you find a way to blame this on Obama. Seems to me, your ex-friends where deadbeats before Obama, and prolly will be after he is gone.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Hmmmm...

I need to go on welfare!!

Lots of pasta and hamburger here so I can put away for my toys..

Damn guns are more expensive to feed then me.

When work got slow I canceled my Satellite service, downgraded my phone package and turned down the heat another 5 degrees.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Hmmmm...

I need to go on welfare!!

Lots of pasta and hamburger here so I can put away for my toys..

Damn guns are more expensive to feed then me.

When work got slow I canceled my Satellite service, downgraded my phone package and turned down the heat another 5 degrees.

It's amazing what sacrifices people make when they are forced to spend their own money. When someone else is buying your groceries, why not eat like a king? You can afford all kinds of bacon then.

urustyone

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Unemployment insurance is not welfare, it's part of your compensation.

When you work for a company, there's a total cost associated with your employment. This includes your before tax pay, the equipment you use, the payroll taxes the employer pays, workers' comp insurance, and employment insurance. Much of that money you never see, but it is included in the total cost of employing you. Your worth on the market and to that company must include all of these costs.

Another way to say it is that because an employer is required by law to carry unemployment insurance on you, that premium came out of your pocket because it reflected your total worth to the employer, but because of the law, that money couldn't go directly to you, instead it had to be paid into a benefit on your behalf.

So, spend your unemployment check with a light heart, you earned it.

Not sure but I thought the states unemployement fund ran out and they had to borrow from the feds. Who is paying for that?

urustyone

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    ..Been on welfare for at least 4 years, and have never tried to find a job...... And yet you find a way to blame this on Obama. Seems to me, your ex-friends where deadbeats before Obama, and prolly will be after he is gone.

I do agree "your ex-friends where deadbeats before Obama, and prolly will be after he is gone" and don't mean to blame Obama. Just his and his suporters along with the past liberal beliefs in spending our way out of debt and ways of feeding these deadbeats buy taking from the hard working.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    how do you expect a broken government that isnt fiscaly responsible to ever be able to encourage responsible spending to its citizens? the WHOLE system is broken from top to bottom, there is NO accountability, so therefore it is and will continued to be abused at the rest of ours expense. i dont believe the govt should be paying for anything except national defense. If they didnt take way too much of our money to begin with then we'd have it to buy groceries with! the lazy people wouldnt eat i guess. there would still be civilian processes for people who are elderly and disabled.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Not sure but I thought the states unemployement fund ran out and they had to borrow from the feds. Who is paying for that?

Unfortunate, and while I don't agree with the program as it exists, it became the government's problem when they forcibly removed my compensation.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Unfortunate, and while I don't agree with the program as it exists, it became the government's problem when they forcibly removed my compensation.

I agree with Dross. Until the market becomes free from government intervention, I won't feel one ounce of guilt about taking back my portion of taxes from it by whatever avenues I can. At the age of 32...and having always voted independent/libertarian (...Perot, we need you!), I can say with a clear conscience that I've never been represented in our thieving federal government which levies heavy taxes upon me to fund charities against my will.

Remember, your first 35% to the Earthly Kings, the next 10% to the church...or something like that...
    :rolleyes:

Top Bottom