• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dhitman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Why I ask is because people on the whole are not very observant and could easily miss a pistol. I would think the more items you add to the waist line the more likely it is that people to notice that your are OCing, thus more likely to make those " man with a gun" calls to the police.

I usually carry a 45 with 2 double mag pouches ---- I would not be easily missed.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I would think the more items you add to the waist line the more likely it is that people to notice that your are OCing, thus more likely to make those " man with a gun" calls to the police.

:eek:

"Man with a gun, extra mags, knife and a flashlight" calls are much scarier!

:):

Actually, it might put the public more at ease because you resemble a cop more than a robber to them at that point.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I carried at the Ford dealership in Shelbyville yesterday and test drove the V6 Mustang (very nice BTW), a rest stop, and a couple of BP stations (don't remember what cities).

Wow! Sounds like you really get the most out of your test drives!

cyberwild360

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I OC'ed at the walmart here in Avon, went to the BP across the street and thats about it. No problems a couple of looks but no horrified people.

cyberwild360

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Sounds like a successful test! :rockwoot:
    Def. No problems at all.

UPDATE:
    Just got back from Kroger picking up some pizza rools and no problems. The cashier looked at it and asked me if I was a cop and I just replied no and that was it. She was very nice.

On my way out to my car I ran into a younger couple and they also asked if I was a cop. I replied no and the young man asked me what the law was on carrying a gun, I told him, and that was it. He said cool and gave me a donut. Win-Win.

Last edited:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I haven't OCd to any bookstores yet. Not sure how Barnes and Noble or Borders in NW Indiana will react and I like being in bookstores. Then again, once I get an ereader I can still get my reading fix enough without being in there so maybe I'll OC then heh.

B&N didnt seem to have any problems. The employees didnt care, Starbucks counter people in there didnt care, and no patrons seemed to notice. I think a bookstore is a good first place to OC actually. I mean, most people want to be left alone in a book store, and most people are to busy looking at books to notice or care.

I have a question for all of you OC'rs out there.
    When you OC do you only have your gun and holster exposed or do you have your additional 2 or 4 mags in the open as well?
    My first post be gentle !

Right now I carry my extra two mags in my pocket. Im going to buy a Fobus mag carrier, but Im not sure if I want the double, or the single/flashlight. I feel more comfortable carrying with two extra mags, since that gives me 25 rounds, so I am leaning towards the double.

I did order my shoulder rig with the mag carrier, and that can be taken off and used on my belt, so I may simply do that sometimes, or use the Fobus and my IWB mag carrier. Havent really decided yet.

I strongly agree with that comment about the more you begin to carry stuff, the more you will look like a cop, which will put people at ease. I actually had one of those run-ins today. I was OCing at JCPenny to buy shirts for work. Mens section is right by the kids. A little boy pointed at me and asked his mom if I was a police man. His mom looked up and said "Oh, he probably is". Not terribly exciting, but it amused me.

Finally, I OCd at a Speedway gas station, then I concealed while at my family reunion, then I OCd at McDonalds, JCPenny, the puppy mill... I mean pet store, inside the mall, then Target, and that was it. No comments other than that one little boy. Couple of looks, but Im used to that by now.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had a job interview this morning... so I was sporting the tie, suit, etc. After the interview, I re-strapped the holster on and went for lunch and coffee.

I looked damn good :)

My gun matches my suit, too... the nice two-tone USP 40 with my black jacket and light-gray shirt

I haven't OCd to any bookstores yet. Not sure how Barnes and Noble or Borders in NW Indiana will react and I like being in bookstores. Then again, once I get an ereader I can still get my reading fix enough without being in there so maybe I'll OC then heh.

Greenwood Barnes and Noble - Been there a lot. Only once, the manager approached and asked if I had a license to carry. Said that I was scaring a customer (because a well-dressed, young man looking in the computer programming and role-playing books is definitely about to shoot the place up.) I showed her, had a short chat, and continued shopping after she thanked me.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I had a job interview this morning... so I was sporting the tie, suit, etc. After the interview, I re-strapped the holster on and went for lunch and coffee.

I looked damn good :)

My gun matches my suit, too... the nice two-tone USP 40 with my black jacket and light-gray shirt

I hope we arent interviewing for the same position! I have an interview tomorrow, and have been getting my clothing around for a few days, so I can get that "woman's approval" from my girlfriend, since apparently I cant dress myself. I noticed the same thing, my Mak in a black holster really goes well! Good luck with the interview, unless it is at a certain company in Plymouth :D

My only OC was on breakfast and lunch today. McDonalds and Long John Silvers. No issues, of course

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Big Lots in New Haven (Hwy 930 across from Kroger) today.

Was looking at a $59.00 desk for my son on sale there. Manager approached and asked, "Is that a real gun?"

I told her it was and she said that I needed to take it to my car, that it was against corporate policy. "But you can come back and finish shopping after you leave it in your car!!!!" (Insert smile here)

"Uh, no... I can't." **Handed her a "saw your sign - no money from me" card**

Went to Meijer's and dropped $109.00 for a desk that actually fit our needs better. Not a word was said to me about my firearm and I even had a guy load the desk in the truck for me.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Big Lots in New Haven (Hwy 930 across from Kroger) today.

Was looking at a $59.00 desk for my son on sale there. Manager approached and asked, "Is that a real gun?"

I told her it was and she said that I needed to take it to my car, that it was against corporate policy. "But you can come back and finish shopping after you leave it in your car!!!!" (Insert smile here)

"Uh, no... I can't." **Handed her a "saw your sign - no money from me" card**

Went to Meijer's and dropped $109.00 for a desk that actually fit our needs better. Not a word was said to me about my firearm and I even had a guy load the desk in the truck for me.

Good for you!

Did she say anything after you handed her the card?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    She just kept yelling, "Just take it to your car, then come back!!!" She said it from when I began walking from the back of the store until I walked out the front door.

She DID read the card in front of me because I told her that the card contained most everything that I was required to do (background check, etc.) and be (good citizen) to legally carry.

I didn't get mad, just told her, "If my firearm isn't welcome, then I am not welcome." I was polite, called her "Ma'am," said "please" and "thank you", etc. I tried to provide a good image. Wifey said the most that she could point out about me was that my face was red from me being angry on the inside. I have visited the same store several times in the past, as recently as last Friday and nothing was said.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    She just kept yelling, "Just take it to your car, then come back!!!" She said it from when I began walking from the back of the store until I walked out the front door.

She DID read the card in front of me because I told her that the card contained most everything that I was required to do (background check, etc.) and be (good citizen) to legally carry.

I didn't get mad, just told her, "If my firearm isn't welcome, then I am not welcome." I was polite, called her "Ma'am," said "please" and "thank you", etc. I tried to provide a good image. Wifey said the most that she could point out about me was that my face was red from me being angry on the inside. I have visited the same store several times in the past, as recently as last Friday and nothing was said.

Props for keeping your cool. She just did not get it, did she?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

Can I get a copy of this card? We need a sticky that is "Cards to carry in your wallet while carrying". It could contain something like this, the actual laws, reciprocating states, etc. I know some of this information is already compiled, I just think we could take it that much further.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom