• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I have an XD 9 that I cary frequently, occaisionally trading off with my Sig SP2022, depending on what I am wearing.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Hadn't been shooting in awhile. Threw some lead through the XD9sc today. It felt GOOD. Not a single failure, and I held my own on the dueling tree against an M&P.. :D

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just bought my wife an Xd 9mm. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet, though, but I'm itching to get to the range and test her out. The gun, I mean. Well, the wife too...

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    Still have my XD9sc which I posted about, several months ago on this thread. However, I have since picked up a XDM 45c 3.8 from a fellow Ingo'er. Practicing with it and might make this my new EDC.

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have a xd compact .45 with night sights and the 4 inch barrel for my EDC. I have been considering picking up a new XDs but i have a wedding to pay for and an AR -10 to finish building so i may have to wait for awhile on another handgun.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Love my 3 XDMs. All three are 9mm. I have a stainless/black 3.8 compact, an all black compact and a full size 4.5 OD green frame with stainless slide. The full size has the NRA pistol of the year logo on the slide top. The wife and I just put another 150 rounds through the big one at RedBrush the other day. It's a really sweet shooter. 9mm has practically no felt recoil in this gun.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have the XDs and took it to the range yesterday. I put 60 rounds through it for breaking it in. Shot to point of aim and the recoil was much less than I expected from this little gem.

I think I am going to like this pistol a lot. First time out I had no issues and it felt and shot great.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I have an XDM compact in 9mm. It's been my carry gun for over a year now. Not planning on getting rid of it any time soon

GlockWielder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I personally love the XD pistols. They are fantastic shooters. I can out shoot a Glock in speed because they have such a sweet trigger. I really like how comfortable they are in the hand and the shoot ability of the guns. As for upgrades I really don't do much to my guns. I like all my internals to be factory or be replaced by factory parts if possible. Night sights are a good option if you do not have a WML (weapon mounted light). If you have a WML, it is pretty pointless to have night sights because you will see the silhouette of your sights more than the glowing of the night sight. In CC, a weaponlight is not a very good option unless you want to open carry in a Safariland ALS or Raven concealment. In my personal opinion, I would not carry an XD as my standard CC gun. I think it's just a bit to bulky and big to carry comfortable. It can be done and is done but I would rather carry something like a Glock 26 due to the size argument.
    As for holsters, get a hybrid IWB holster. I recommend the Galco Kingtuk over the crossbreed. The ones I have used and owned (like a lot) have been more sturdy than the flimsy crossbreed. It just depends on what you like though.

As for the trigger, I'd keep it 100% stock. I would say it is a perfect trigger for combat situations. It's fast, short, and doesn't take a lot to set off which helps with fast shooting and accuracy.

Top Bottom