When you're browsing the classifieds for guns, which brands/ types do you ignore?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I'm not trying to hurt any feelings here, but I'm sure I will. Please take it as lightheartedly as I intend. :D

For me, handguns:
    Glock
    CZ and clones
    Taurus

Rifles:
    Mosin Nagant
    Pull ring swiss guns, whatever they're called.
    SKS

There's more, but I limited it to the top three. I know there are enthusiasts for all of those, and that's fine. We all like different flavors of ice cream too.

When you click "Mark Read" before leaving a classified forum, which threads get marked read without actually being read?

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    i’m quite a Fudd, i guess. so generally if it isn’t steel & wood, it doesn’t excite me too much. some exceptions of course.

I also stay clear of unique, newer calibers - after having a few and dealing with scarcity/cost, they’re not as appealing to me even if ballistics are ‘better’. But that being said I appreciate older rifles with unpopular chambers because of their objective quality & style.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    For me, handguns:
    CZ

Rifles:
    Pull ring Swiss guns, whatever they're called.

That’s a shame, some real good shooters out there in those two! Especially those “pull ring Swiss guns.” They may look odd, and ammo is hard to find for them, but good golly they’re made like a fine watch (they’re Swiss, after all!) and they SHOOT. I wish I still had mine!

For me, the list is:

Handguns
    -Hi Point
    -Taurus (though this *may* be slowly changing on a few limited models)

Rifles
    -Savage (nothing necessarily wrong with most of them, I just own higher-quality alternatives already)
    -Anderson
    -PSA
    -H&R
    -Asian surplus rifles (just never found the appeal, they’re often so easily out-performed)
    -Anything “Mega Bubba’d”

Probably others, but I can’t think of them.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Glock.
    End of list.
    I agree, and that's why it was at the top of my list, by far.

They are accurate, dependable, and I can shoot them just as well as any other gun when the sights are correct.

Here's the problem, for me. Go the the range and fire it, aimed, through a full magazine at 10 yards. Drop the magazine, insert a full one, rechamber, drop your point of aim, close your eyes, then point back at the target sight unseen. Are you still on target?

Glock enthusiasts will say "hurr durr grip angle" like some sort of insult, but it does make a difference in natural point of aim, which translates to time to get on target and engage accurately.

Some pistols point as a natural extension of my arm. Some don't. Not everyone is built the same.

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    My top 3 handgun ignore list:
    • Taurus
    • Hi-Point
    • Kahr
    I tend to prefer steel and wood over polymer, but recognize that some polymer designs and compositions are very well made like most HK's.

For rifles, i'm very particular and favor only precision bolt or lever action designs, but there are some exceptions like the M1 Garand, M1A

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It’s actually easier for me to list what I do like. It’s a much shorter list.

But here’s the short list of specific things I do ignore.

“WTT” ads… your Glock is not worth $850… just saying.
    Any ad with the word “Custom”. Stippling with a soldering iron and filling the slide font with paint… don’t… just stop. It ain’t custom.
    20% percent higher than retail price and then having the gall to tell me it’s more valuable cuz it’s a private sale.
    **** you… go fall in a hole.
    I like Colt, HK, Glock, SxS shotguns and Lever Actions.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Don't really ignore anything, but seems like:

AR 15 builds and Glocks are always about retail prices plus 20%

"Have $X in this build" - 125% of what it's actually worth

"Safe Queen" - posting for sale because to satisfy a spouse's demands to clean out the gun safe, but doesn't really want to sell it.

I also try to avoid people with Site Supporter status with postings only in classifieds, members within the last 6 months with 51 posts, and/or members for 20 years with 51 posts.

Also was said above, but I won't pay a higher price so that I don't have to fill out a 4473. I can pass a background check, thanks (insert ATF meme).

Top Bottom