• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    The problem with just a fist fight is that only happens in the movies or in a ring. People try to kill you any more. I am an old man and I don't have a lot of time in this world remaining and I will be damned if I am going to let some thug take that time away. I will shoot anyone that I think is going to hurt me or mine. Some punk goes to court and claims that I took a shot at him just for fun. They will laugh him out of the court house.

I have a bad back, bad knees and I am over weight by a good sixty pounds. I am going to try and go 10 rounds with some punk. I don't think so. Hell, today they run up and hit someone just for the fun of it. They say it proves how brave they are. If you want to be brave let the guy know you are going to hit him. Then see how it goes. How brave you going to be with a slug in your ass.

About three years ago I was leaving my Moms apartment and in the parking lot I was walking to the truck and I heard, "Hay! Old man!". I pulled the Glock 36 from under my shirt and turned around and asked you talking to me as I watched a young man stop in his tracks as he looked at what I had in my hand. "No. Well where is the closest gas station?" Then started to close the distance between us. I told him to stop where he was he was close enough. I gave him directions to the station. He said thanks for the information sir and I watched him turn around and almost run back to his car. I got into my truck and put the gun in the glove box. Then I said a little prayer thanking god that I didn't have to shoot the little bastard. Then headed home.

My one sister said some years back that she was so glad that I moved to the country. She said that she thought I would end up killing someone in the city. She probably was right. When I lived in the city I had my van broken into, my apartment broken into. Tires cut off the car and I don't know how many times I ran off a drug dealer from the corner. Stopped a guy from breaking into the apartment below the one I lived in.

You don't know what people are going to do. You have to protect your self. With someone running up to me I feel threatened. I am concerned for my life. The way things are going today, you just don't know what they are up to. I will draw my gun and see where things go. If there is any way possible for me to get out of shooting someone I will take it. As long as it don't mean me or mine getting hurt.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    To answer the OP - put simply, if you have to ask then you need training, Guy relford's seminars on this matter seem to be highly regarded around here, you may want to look him up. He can also answer your questions more thoroughly.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    A "good old fashion fist fight" is in my opinion, something that is mutually agreed upon by both parties.

When one party forces the confrontation on the other, it becomes a self defense issue.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    When I was 35 or 40, I stood 6' 2"+ and was in the 230 -240 lb range. At that time my answer may have been quite different. I have had a few physical encounters and was pretty capable of defending myself then. Even then I would have drawn a gun if a criminal threatened me with robbery or violence and I felt they might be armed.

As I am 73 years old, have had both hips replaced, I would not have a chance of fighting off a young criminal. Therefore, if (I certainly hope it doesn't happen) I am confronted by a person that announces his intention to do me harm I will absolutely consider him armed and a threat to my life, as such I will if at all possible draw my firearm and warn them to back off, in the event they don't retreat, I will fire with full intention of disabling the felon as fast as possible. If he dies, I would certainly rather state my case to a Jury than leave my wife with the task of living without me!

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Not saying that would be wrong in every situation, but in the 40+ classes I have taken, none have taught that. Yes I am aware of a some that do.

Your first notice that I'm carrying is going to be visual not verbal.

Top Bottom