When did Indianapolis start going down hill?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Start? Dude, Indianapolis has always had rough sections where mopes flock to do violence to each other.

How much Indianapolis history do you know? Do you know about the large scale shootouts that used to happen?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Burger Chef murders are etched on my memory as a Westsider. It was around then when I learned that my dad carried a pistol and it wasn't just for shooting cans at my uncle's farm in Martinsville.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think about the blizzard of 1978.

Like a sling shot it gets pulled back then released at times.
    My dad was the director of environmental sanitation for the Marion County Health and Hospital Corporation (health dept) back then and he took me and some of my buddies with him when he had to go to his office in case anyone showed up for their paycheck. While he was in his office, we were wandering around downtown and it was like some kind of post-apocalyptic movie. Everything deserted, and the only vehicles moving were MCSD 4x4 vehicles. It was cool, but pretty eerie.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    The Burger Chef murders are etched on my memory as a Westsider. It was around then when I learned that my dad carried a pistol and it wasn't just for shooting cans at my uncle's farm in Martinsville.

One that didn't make that list......since it was out West, is the Hollandsburg murders. I spent a lot of time right next door to that place as a young kid. We use to fish almost daily at Raccoon.....I remember after that I hated night fishing down there!

And remember Steven Judy, the guy that Judge Boles fried? That was a terrible killing as well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One that didn't make that list......since it was out West, is the Hollandsburg murders. I spent a lot of time right next door to that place as a young kid. We use to fish almost daily at Raccoon.....I remember after that I hated night fishing down there!

And remember Steven Judy, the guy that Judge Boles fried? That was a terrible killing as well.
    I remember the Hollandsburg murders. Hadn't thought of them for a long time, but yes, that was pretty creepy.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

Roger Drollinger, lead killer at Hollandsburg...died in prison at age 60. That's awesome. The other three killers from Hollandsburg are still in prison at Pendleton. David Smith, Michael Wright, and Daniel "Stoney" Stonebraker have been denied parole everytime they asked. Lets hope it stays that way. Al three are in their 60's.

Steven Judy got the electric chair, begged for a firing squad. That's awesome too.

Top Bottom