• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I just scored this beautiful 4" S&W 686-3 today! Feeling pretty good.

02_SW686_3_4inch%20Custom_zpsvw7qdtus.jpg

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Many on here (myself included until I got this!) would sneer at an IL model on here, MIM parts and all, but I really like my new acquisition from a fellow INGOer. And, oddly enough, the little flag turned up... Um.... missing once I got it home :).

Love me some old school steel. Even went with an old school OWB thumb break.

Model 36 3" Classic circa 2010:

4ad88e8bb906d14abc4443bbe4b0be56.jpg

MrJohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    West Lafayette
    My Great Great Grandfather's Colt 1849 Pocket Model

This was my Great Great Grandfather’s Colt 1849 Pocket Model. He trekked from Indiana to California in 1849 for the Gold Rush where made his fortune selling and delivering supplies to miners. The mfg. date on the plaque is incorrect. Family members originally believed this was carried by my Great Great Grandfather during his time in California. However, according to Colt's website, it was manufactured in 1862. This places the manufacturing date after his return to Indiana, so we do not believe he carried this particular firearm during his travel. Unfortunately, I'll never get to own this neat piece of history. He was my mother's Great Grandfather, and it will remain in the hands of decedents bearing his name.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

This was my Great Great Grandfather’s Colt 1849 Pocket Model. He trekked from Indiana to California in 1849 for the Gold Rush where made his fortune selling and delivering supplies to miners. The mfg. date on the plaque is incorrect. Family members originally believed this was carried by my Great Great Grandfather during his time in California. However, according to Colt's website, it was manufactured in 1862. This places the manufacturing date after his return to Indiana, so we do not believe he carried this particular firearm during his travel. Unfortunately, I'll never get to own this neat piece of history. He was my mother's Great Grandfather, and it will remain in the hands of decedents bearing his name.

Thats incredible! Too bad it won't ever be yours but cool story.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Have you had a chance to shoot this thing yet? I have this exact gun and it quickly became one of my favorites. It's hard to beet the feeling of a how a .357 feels when fired. Nice find!

I took it out to the range a couple of days ago and fired 60 rounds of .357 magnum powder coated handloads using 13.6 grains of Alliant 2400. Nice accuracy and a lot of fun, she's a keeper! The barrel came out nice and clean and a breeze to clean with just a few patches down the bore. The front of the cylinder is always another story but with a couple of lead away patches that was good too. I'm very happy with this purchase!

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I just picked up a minty S&W 15-3 38 Spl today. It came with 7 speedloaders, speedloader carrier, loading tray, the original wood grips and a set of Hogue rubber grips and a nice Galco holster. It's also had a sweet trigger job done on it. It was just a deal I couldn't refuse.

SW15-3_wood%20Custom_zpsa4l8awg9.jpg

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I just picked up a minty S&W 15-3 38 Spl today. It came with 7 speedloaders, speedloader carrier, loading tray, the original wood grips and a set of Hogue rubber grips and a nice Galco holster. It's also had a sweet trigger job done on it. It was just a deal I couldn't refuse.

SW15-3_wood%20Custom_zpsa4l8awg9.jpg

I love the look of that finish on that gun. I'm afraid that my OCD would drive me crazy with finger prints and smudges though :crying:

Top Bottom