• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    I don't know about replacing any plastic parts, but..... I shoot and carry an XDs in .45. took some time to get used to it, but it is small enough to take anywhere. I have large hands, but it still handles nicely, I would recommend it to anyone interested in a large caliber, easy to carry pistol.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I recently picked up a Bersa .45 for PC and I really like it so far. It has de-cocking and a safety, which I like. It also has a "loaded chamber" indicator. It holds 7+1. It's very controllable and accurate at realistic distances. It is a little bigger than the XD-S but about the same length and height as my wife's Bersa 380 Thunder. I picked it up at Bradis for about $460 after taxes and it came with two mags. (It's a little too big for pocket carry.)

My only wish is that it was made in USA:patriot:

stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg
    I don't know about replacing any plastic parts, but..... I shoot and carry an XDs in .45. took some time to get used to it, but it is small enough to take anywhere. I have large hands, but it still handles nicely, I would recommend it to anyone interested in a large caliber, easy to carry pistol.

I agree with katfishinking. I bought the XDs and it is a great EDC. Now if I could just find some 7 round mags. :( Glocks are much easier to find accessories for.

indytiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    There was a xds bitone in lafayette, the perp did not reply after offering to buy with no haggle. Post is now gone.
    A reply to my other post it was inferred that the springfield was "They're on the cheaper end of the scale from what I've seen. " I just want a very good carry.
    I did just get a xdm 9mm, if they BS 10 round La Bomba passes I will start carrying the .45 again.

Cannonfodder333

Shooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I carry either an xds or an HK USP compact 45. The xds is really small but easy to shoot. The HK is bigger, but very smooth action.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Surprised no one has mentioned the Para-Ordnance Slim Hawg??

PSHX645RK_photo.jpg

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    G36 is my primary summertime carry. Honestly, the backup to that is a slim-gripped S&W 3rd gen CS45, but you don't find too many of them anymore.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    I agree with katfishinking. I bought the XDs and it is a great EDC. Now if I could just find some 7 round mags. :( Glocks are much easier to find accessories for.

You can purchase the 7 round mags but have to order from Springfield direct. I bought 3 last summer/fall. Love the extra support for my pinky when I use them. They are pricey though!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Only got a few hits on my first thread,
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/264175-looking_for_input_on_getting_a_sa_45acp.html

Thought I would try wording it another way.

I have a full size Colt 1911, it's a little big for summer carry.
    Looking for a compact.

What's the best compact .45acp that does not need plastic parts replaced after purchase.

Thanks.
    Detonics MTX 1911 with double stack magazines. 12 shots, 3 5/8" barrel. Detonics - Home
    100% American made, 100% CNC milled, no MIM parts, no plastic. Aluminum frame, steel slide, bushingless coned target barrel.

1-26.jpg

Top Bottom