• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    Ok, I have recently taken up bicycling and would like to have a holster either on the bike or on my person, but when I ride, I don't wear a belt, so I don't have a belt with which to slide a holster on.
    So, I'm looking for recomendations.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Which gun?

Do you wear a cycling jersey with back pockets? If so, you can attach a good pocket holster in it for a small gun (CW9, SW642, etc).

You can try a fanny pack?

Also, the under the seat bags are good but it will not be a quick draw.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I actually attached a Fobus holster to the front of my frame... Making it easily accessed, but out of the way at the same time. Looks pretty cool.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    34.jpg

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Couple thoughts...
    I enjoy riding my bike also, so depending on what you carry...

One you could always do a backpack, like the Maxpedition SITKA Gearslinger
    The Link:
    Maxpedition SITKA Gearslinger plus FREE SHIPPING plus FREE HAT. Maxpedition Gearslingers are quality Maxpedition backpacks that are kept IN STOCK and ready to ship.
    Not the quickest, but I like the way it rotates over the body to gain access!

When I ride I usually wear some sort of cargo short. I normally carry my LCP in a pocket holster. Its always on me and its really not an issue when I ride.
    Simply it doesnt get in the way, not to heavy and it fits my attire!

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I throw my LC9 in a camelbak fanny pack type bag. I don't use the water bag and it holds my pistol, wallet and phone nicely and it's just a quick release clip I can undo one handed.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    Remora clipless holster

It's alot like a regular pocket holster by with a sticky lining on both sides. I tuck it at my 3 inside cinched up gym shorts and my underoos. Works great. If you wear those right biker shorts I'm sure it would stay in there too

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've got a Coronado Leather fanny pack that I used while bicycling several years ago. It's got two or three compartments, one for the firearm and others for keys, drivers license, LTC handgun, etc.

It's been laying in my safe for probably 10 years, PM me and I'll make a deal for you.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    What kind of riding are you doing? Road riding, mountain biking, or just cruising green ways and neighborhoods? In the woods, i'd say a camelbak type product would be more than sufficient, a rear jersey pocket on the road bike, and maybe a regular pocket if your just cruising.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I just got off my bike riding into work! As stated above I usually wear cargo shorts over my bike shorts which allows me to wear a belt for my holster. If I'm doing a long ride and will only wear my bike shorts I either go with a fanny pack or frame bag. This is about the ONLY place I do not OC. I'm concerned that while riding a regular route that someone would notice and then my next trip by try to knock me off the bike to get to my weapon. Might also suggest carrying mace as a deterrent to #@$holes that might try something that wouldn't require the use of deadly force. I'm 56 and to old to have my butt kicked. Good Luck and be SAFE!

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    I use the back pocket of my jersey when I ride. I have a little bag under the saddle but it ussually has my phone and a park tool. I just bring along a Keltec .32Auto so its easy to store.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    Which gun?

Do you wear a cycling jersey with back pockets? If so, you can attach a good pocket holster in it for a small gun (CW9, SW642, etc).

You can try a fanny pack?

Also, the under the seat bags are good but it will not be a quick draw.

Gun will be the Sigma 40cal. or a Taurus 357 5 shot snubby. I have a bag that goes behind the seat and has a small plastic fender on it, and that is where I put my Sigma/wallet/keys/phone on the last long ride, but didn't like the fact that to access it, I would have to stop, get off the bike, unzip the top, etc.
    I do have an old uncle mikes fanny pack that I carried my 1911 in that would work, and I may try that on the next outing.

As I said I am just getting into it and haven't even been to a "real" bike shop yet. lol. I am using a nice Schwinn 21 spd bike that my dad bought several years ago until I can afford to get a nicer one. So far my riding is for good cardio, so while I'm not trying to achieve racing speeds, I am not putzing along either. My last ride was 18 miles on a converted railroad bed that now is a paved "trail". I managed 18 miles in about an hour with a couple stops.
    It was after this trip that I learned about bike shorts.... So I bought a pair from Dunhams until I can get to a bike shop in Indy or somewhere. (any recommendations on a good bike shop?)

Last edited:

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    When I exercise or carry when not wearing a belt (gym shorts) I use Thunderware or something similar. I personally don't like carrying in a pack because it is hard to get to and certainly not quick, especially on a bike.

Although I have not tried it biking, I use a modified Hill People Gear pack for hiking and really like it. It keeps the gun exactly where I want it and allows for a very fast draw. As an added bonus there is lots of room in there for other items as well.

CIMG9822.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have no idea how you guys can carry AND ride a bicycle at the same time.

I've tried it. No thanks. When I ride, I'm hardcore. I don't ride at a steady pace. I ride long and hard. And I do the same when running.

Theres no way I can carry and exercise. I have a pocket knife clipped to my shorts though. But anything other than that, no way.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have no idea how you guys can carry AND ride a bicycle at the same time.

I've tried it. No thanks. When I ride, I'm hardcore. I don't ride at a steady pace. I ride long and hard. And I do the same when running.

Theres no way I can carry and exercise. I have a pocket knife clipped to my shorts though. But anything other than that, no way.

I can't ever imagine carry while cycling, but the op asked for ideas. Everything in my pack is wet from cold water or sweat by the time i'm done riding.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I rode ten miles yesterday on my Trek Gary Fisher Triton. I OC'd wearing a Henry Holster. If I am wearing gym type shorts, I place the firearm in the holster and tuck it into a Maxpedition Versipack and carry (along with other tools).

Top Bottom