• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Palarran

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm...I'm going to give CBS the benefit of the doubt and rather say that they sat on it to protect her privacy as long as they could. She deserved at least a few days to recover without the whole world knowing.

Palarran

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Israel will take care of this situation since the State Dept has limp wrists.
    There's not much the State Department can do right now, because Egypt doesn't really have a government right now. With no government, there's no one for the State Dept. to work through or with. Unless we want to occupy a third country in the Middle East?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just learned that today.
    That happend to lots of other women too from what I heard, not just one single american journalist.
    That's sad.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Hmmm...I'm going to give CBS the benefit of the doubt and rather say that they sat on it to protect her privacy as long as they could. She deserved at least a few days to recover without the whole world knowing.
    You won't be popular here with your independent, rational thought. ;)

There's not much the State Department can do right now, because Egypt doesn't really have a government right now. With no government, there's no one for the State Dept. to work through or with. Unless we want to occupy a third country in the Middle East?

I'm not sure this is totally true. I think the military holds a greater role government than we've been led to believe. I think it's one of the reasons Mubarak didn't just send the military in to quash the protests. I think it's one of the reasons there's been no major popular backlash to the military seeming to take control. They essentially already held some of it. It's not the great big power vacuum it seems on the surface, IMO.

Palarran

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think the military holds a greater role government than we've been led to believe.
    This could very well be true. I heard a story on NPR back on Feb. 4th about how the military may own up to 40% of the Egyptian economy. But it still seems that they were not anticipating having to run the country right now.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I keep seeing stories that she wasn't raped(I read that earlier, but it was just one article and I had my reservations). This makes me happy...At least she gets to keep a bit of her dignity.

To hell with all of those pieces of **** that would beat an innocent woman. I hope and pray she has a speedy recovery.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    Why in the world was she out there in the first place without bodyguards? Actually... why was she out there at all? Yes, she was doing her job, but in a mob full of law breaking Arab men, what did a pretty white girl think was going to happen? I do indeed feel sorry for whatever happened to her, but I can't help but note her poor judgement in going out there like that.

Top Bottom