• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Don't know, probably could not know until after it was over. The guy leaving and coming back, more aggressive each time made me nervous. The shooter went to some length to try not to shoot the guy.

Yojimbo229

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2016
    NY
    Well I know I'll be spending more time practicing one-handed, that's for sure.

I won't Monday Morning this guy. God knows what I would've done.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Not chase after the drunk.

While he wasn't criminally charged for his actions (a decision I agree with), you're probably right on that. A call to the police with his vehicle and personal description along with the direction of travel would probably have been my choice. Granted, its easy to armchair the situation from here but I do know my nature.

As for the concerns that the idiot may have gone to his vehicle to grab a weapon, you're absolutely right. That's a possibility. However, if that were to be the case, I'd rather deal with it from within the building than in the open.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I've taken drunk drivers keys from them at stores before. You want to talk about a pissed off drunk. Wow! Pretty much had to sit on them til the cops got there. One guy left the keys in his running truck and the other guy I took them out of his hand. If not I would have taken them right out of their pockets. Both of them I watched pull up and I really don't know how they were able to even drive there let alone walk after.

I witnessed one at a city park get taken down til the cops showed up. That one I stayed out of because the gang of kids he almost ran down not only took his keys but beat the **** out of him.

Did I have the right to take their property? Legally? Didn't care. Probably not but I'll be damned if I'm going to let some dumb**** kill or injure someone else while knowing I could have stopped them. The cops didn't mind at all.

Looking at this guys actions, depending on how drunk he was, I wouldn't have just got the plate number, I also wouldn't have let him back in his car. I don't care how wrong that sounds.
    If any of you are acting drunk and you pull up in front of me drunk, you will be de-keyed, taken down, whatever I can do to keep you from driving away. You could press charges, put me in jail, try to pull your gun. I DON'T CARE!
    I make it my business. I've had way too many people I care about killed by *******s that think they are just fine to drink and drive. I have to get involved. :xmad:

Oh-
    And to answer your comments? I DON'T CARE!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I've taken drunk drivers keys from them at stores before. You want to talk about a pissed off drunk. Wow! Pretty much had to sit on them til the cops got there. One guy left the keys in his running truck and the other guy I took them out of his hand. If not I would have taken them right out of their pockets. Both of them I watched pull up and I really don't know how they were able to even drive there let alone walk after.

I witnessed one at a city park get taken down til the cops showed up. That one I stayed out of because the gang of kids he almost ran down not only took his keys but beat the **** out of him.

Did I have the right to take their property? Legally? Didn't care. Probably not but I'll be damned if I'm going to let some dumb**** kill or injure someone else while knowing I could have stopped them. The cops didn't mind at all.

Looking at this guys actions, depending on how drunk he was, I wouldn't have just got the plate number, I also wouldn't have let him back in his car. I don't care how wrong that sounds.
    If any of you are acting drunk and you pull up in front of me drunk, you will be de-keyed, taken down, whatever I can do to keep you from driving away. You could press charges, put me in jail, try to pull your gun. I DON'T CARE!
    I make it my business. I've had way too many people I care about killed by *******s that think they are just fine to drink and drive. I have to get involved. :xmad:

Oh-
    And to answer your comments? I DON'T CARE!

i don't always admit to potentially committing a crime, but when I do, I post it on an Internet forum

:)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    While he wasn't criminally charged for his actions (a decision I agree with), you're probably right on that. A call to the police with his vehicle and personal description along with the direction of travel would probably have been my choice. Granted, its easy to armchair the situation from here but I do know my nature.

As for the concerns that the idiot may have gone to his vehicle to grab a weapon, you're absolutely right. That's a possibility. However, if that were to be the case, I'd rather deal with it from within the building than in the open.

I have a lot of experience with drunks. I have worked for many.

I know that they are immune to reason, are angry and, horrifically, sometimes the only way to control them is to shoot them.

Don't go stepping in someone else's dog crap. You are not Batman, call the cops.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I have a lot of experience with drunks. I have worked for many.

I know that they are immune to reason, are angry and, horrifically, sometimes the only way to control them is to shoot them.

Don't go stepping in someone else's dog crap. You are not Batman, call the cops.

Good advice. I was always told to be a good witness.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I didn't like how the shooter hot the drunk with the store clerk right behind (in the line of fire). I recognize that the drunk was very close proximity to the gun, but.... And since Iwwasn't the one being attacked I'm not sure how I would have reacted. The clerk shouldn't have been so close to the shooter and drunk while this unfolded.

Glad the armed citizen won't be charged.

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    Sounds like a good day to me. Only the violent idiot who was going to drive recklessly while drunk got shot.

And for those thinking he escalated the situation: he literally just walked into the parking lot to look at the guy's license plate, one can assume so he could report it to the place and then leave it in their hands. He left plenty of space between him and the drunk's car and the dude still got out to fight him. He did everything right, near as I'm concerned.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    With so many cameras around these days, there is no need to risk anything to get a plate number. I would call the police and maybe get in my car and follow from a distance to make sure the police find him. I am glad the GG did not get charged.

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    I don't know about this one. I regularly OC, and absolutely do not insert myself into any situations that I don't belong in. I'm no hero. A verbal altercation between two other people is absolutely none of my business. I probably would have just left the stuff that I was going to buy there, went to another gas station, and went on about my day. I'm glad the good guy wasn't charged, but I think he may have been a little lucky there... it could have gone either way from what I saw on the video, and he could still be held civilly liable by the victim's family. Just not worth it to me to insert myself into situations that I don't belong in, but that's me. I think this could have easily ended with one ******* in jail (instead of a bodybag) if the good guy would have stayed out of it. Then again, it's hard to say unless you're actually put in that situation. I wish there was audio with the video...

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    He went outside to get a license plate. You know, being a good witness. Most of you are saying you would leave, are you ****ing kidding me. I guess we have a lot of sheep in wolves clothing.

Top Bottom