What we know about the state of the permitless carry law going into effect July 1

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As a lifelong Hoosier I find it embarrassing to say, "Ask West Virginia, or Kentucky, or Missouri, or Oklahoma..."
    When I used to live in Missippi, we used to say thank god for Alabama. Is Indiana the new Alabama? Please say it ain’t so.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    "because without a database of permitholders, they’ll be in the dark about whether a driver has a gun"... Professional laziness- plain and simple.
    It’s none of their business - plain and simple - and I’m a cop!

I don’t get why “shall not be infringed” is such a hard concept for people. Other than the fact that these leftist institutions and autocrats are losing one of their methods of control and they are spinning up the propaganda machine to “11” to drive the narrative…

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I’m not a smart man but I’ve watched cops a few times, it always seemed to me that when police called in a person to dispatch or looked them up they knew instantly about your whole criminal record or lack Therof.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I’m not a smart man but I’ve watched cops a few times, it always seemed to me that when police called in a person to dispatch or looked them up they knew instantly about your whole criminal record or lack Therof.
    Not really how it works. Usually it is just warrants or maybe relevant history (like a prior DUI or resisting LE history) if dispatch happens to have that at hand or the officer asks for it.

There are still plenty of departments that don't have computers in their cars in Indiana

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Not really how it works. Usually it is just warrants or maybe relevant history (like a prior DUI or resisting LE history) if dispatch happens to have that at hand or the officer asks for it.

There are still plenty of departments that don't have computers in their cars in Indiana
    Ok so if there is no evidence someone is a criminal then leo must presume innocence. That’s literally the foundation of the American justice system. those depts need to be better

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Ok so if there is no evidence someone is a criminal then leo must presume innocence. That’s literally the foundation of the American justice system. those depts need to be better

I didn't take away from the article there are really any changes.

"Police will still be able to intervene if they have probable cause a crime has occurred. They can also take a gun away in some situations."

It is the status quo. It seems like INGO is reading that simply carrying will now be PC starting 1 July for ISP?

Carter is an embarrassment and a "hotline" is absurd. I think it is just a poorly written article with misinformation. Example, I haven't seen anything in the law that prevents police from simply asking if someone has a permit. It may be moot, but to say they are prohibited would be incorrect.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I didn't take away from the article there are really any changes.

"Police will still be able to intervene if they have probable cause a crime has occurred. They can also take a gun away in some situations."

It is the status quo. It seems like INGO is reading that simply carrying will now be PC starting 1 July for ISP?

Carter is an embarrassment and a "hotline" is absurd. I think it is just a poorly written article with misinformation. Example, I haven't seen anything in the law that prevents police from simply asking if someone has a permit. It may be moot, but to say they are prohibited would be incorrect.
    The point is, it is status quo not Armageddon.

The police can ask for a license, and you can refuse to answer. Having a gun is not PC today, and it won't be July 1st.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom