What to sell... Your opinions and logic, please.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I just bought a Kahr CM9 whose main purpose is right front pocket carry. I current have a P365 that serves the same role, that I also sometimes carry AIWB. Also have a P365XL which I find more comfortable to carry IWB @ 3 or 4 o'clock. For me, the XL is too large for pocket carry. My primary house gun is Glock 21. I also have a Keltec P32 that is my "no room for anything bigger gun". Of the bunch, I feel the need to keep the G21, and P32. I am considering selling either the P365, or the XL. I have more practical use for the P365 as it is easier to carry, in more positions. But that is what the CM9 is for. The XL can/does serve as a reasonable backup to the G21 as a house gun. Any advice, opinions?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just bought a Kahr CM9 whose main purpose is right front pocket carry. I current have a P365 that serves the same role, that I also sometimes carry AIWB. Also have a P365XL which I find more comfortable to carry IWB @ 3 or 4 o'clock. For me, the XL is too large for pocket carry. My primary house gun is Glock 21. I also have a Keltec P32 that is my "no room for anything bigger gun". Of the bunch, I feel the need to keep the G21, and P32. I am considering selling either the P365, or the XL. I have more practical use for the P365 as it is easier to carry, in more positions. But that is what the CM9 is for. The XL can/does serve as a reasonable backup to the G21 as a house gun. Any advice, opinions?
    What was the differentiator for you to buy the Kahr over the 365?

Do you have any interest in doing a red dot optic at some point? The XL would fill that role potentially if you have interest as it is already optic cut.

Personally though you have indicated the P32 is not going anywhere, it would be the one I would shed. That said, no idea what one of those goes for or would get you. I also would not have chosen the Kahr over the 365, but interested to hear what the differentiator is there for you. Also interested in the "no room for anything bigger" situations.

To me the mag compatibility (as well as other parts, possibly holsters depending on if they are open muzzle or not) of the 365 and the Xl would potentially be a good thing, though the 365 could serve pretty much anything the 365 XL can do with a grip module swap, except the optic cut that the Xl has.

Last edited:

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    Everyone has their opinions and philosophy of use and you'll get a different answer depending on who you ask.
    That being said, If I were in your shoes and this is In my opinion, I would ditch the Kahr and Keltec and get a good quality wheel gun like a S&W 340PD, or 640 Pro with a laser grip for pocket carry or IWB carry. I'd either keep the Glock 21 or get a Glock 19 and get a Surefire and maybe a optic for it. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but take it for what its worth if anything.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    How many of those were bought through a 4473? It's been reasonably proven that the BATFE has compiled an illegal database of gun transfers through copies of 4473s, so you have to assume that any gun purchased through a formal transfer is in the database. Any guns that you bought through private party sales will be less easy to trace to you. In an era of red flag laws and blatant unconstitutional gun grab attempts, we may see a time in our lives where we are questioned regarding the existence of 'registered' guns.

For me, whether or not something was logged via 4473 plays a big part of my decision to sell or not. There's no saying that a private part sale will protect you as there are some folks that want to collect information specifically to point the BATFE in your direction should they ever be questioned. If you bought something via 4473 or through a private party that saved your info to assist the BATFE, then, no worries about selling. If you have a truly private party sale, think twice about letting that go.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    What was the differentiator for you to buy the Kahr over the 365?

Do you have any interest in doing a red dot optic at some point? The XL would fill that role potentially if you have interest as it is already optic cut.

Personally though you have indicated the P32 is not going anywhere, it would be the one I would shed. That said, no idea what one of those goes for or would get you. I also would not have chosen the Kahr over the 365, but interested to hear what the differentiator is there for you. Also interested in the "no room for anything bigger" situations.

To me the mag compatibility (as well as other parts, possibly holsters depending on if they are open muzzle or not) of the 365 and the Xl would potentially be a good thing, though the 365 could serve pretty much anything the 365 XL can do with a grip module swap, except the optic cut that the Xl has.
    Kahr over P365? Easy. Long, smooth, DAO trigger. I high stress situations, I like the comfort of REQUIRING an intentionally long trigger pull. Grew up on revolvers.

No interest in any type of optics, at all. Call me old, or set in my ways. I've always used iron sights, never struggled with them.

Yep, lots of redundancy between 365 and XL. That is why I am considering letting one of them go. Then again, after all the public mass shootings last weekend, perhaps more guns is better. At least for the good guys.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Everyone has their opinions and philosophy of use and you'll get a different answer depending on who you ask.
    That being said, If I were in your shoes and this is In my opinion, I would ditch the Kahr and Keltec and get a good quality wheel gun like a S&W 340PD, or 640 Pro with a laser grip for pocket carry or IWB carry. I'd either keep the Glock 21 or get a Glock 19 and get a Surefire and maybe a optic for it. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but take it for what its worth if anything.
    Not sure you read me right. I respect your opinions, but I clearly stated I am keeping the Keltec P32, and the Kahr (after testing). I am very comfortable with long DAO triggers. I did consider a revolver, but I can reload a full magazine way faster than I can fumble with a speed loader. With a full mag, I get 6, 7, or 12 rounds. Speedloader is a 5-shot revolver is pretty much limited to 5.

Laser grip? I have been point-shooting and using iron sights for more the 50 years. Laser, RDS, all the same to me: mostly for show if you can put rounds on target without them. Oh, I do intend to keep the G21; it is my house gun.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    First: I’d only keep them in a carry rotation if they worked the same. It is silly, in my opinion to have multiple types of firearms actions as my weapon of choice for any given day. Again, it’s my opinion, your may vary.
    My logic on that aspect is proficiency. I doubt you, well, let me speak for myself, I know I am not as proficient when I switch back and forth. Carry one for a month shooting weekly and for that firearm, I’d be very proficient. Switch back and I would be proficient again in a week or two.
    Not that I don’t have DA/SA & SA & striker fired pistols, I do and enjoy them a lot.
    For CCW though, my BUG matches my main carry pistol for functionality. My deep cover gun matches my open carry or rather, belt carry.

I only carry at 3:00-3:30, IWB or OWB.
    Having multiple carry positions would be the same as pistol functionality for me. Pick one, stick with it, get proficient, switch back after a month or whatever.

Draw, shooting skills, firearms familiarity are perishable skills.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    How many of those were bought through a 4473? It's been reasonably proven that the BATFE has compiled an illegal database of gun transfers through copies of 4473s, so you have to assume that any gun purchased through a formal transfer is in the database. Any guns that you bought through private party sales will be less easy to trace to you. In an era of red flag laws and blatant unconstitutional gun grab attempts, we may see a time in our lives where we are questioned regarding the existence of 'registered' guns.

For me, whether or not something was logged via 4473 plays a big part of my decision to sell or not. There's no saying that a private part sale will protect you as there are some folks that want to collect information specifically to point the BATFE in your direction should they ever be questioned. If you bought something via 4473 or through a private party that saved your info to assist the BATFE, then, no worries about selling. If you have a truly private party sale, think twice about letting that go.
    So... Well, then... You honestly believe that if the ATFE shows up at your door with a War Wagon, and a SWAT team, just to take you guns, you have any chance in hell of getting out of that situation with your guns, and your life? Ask Randy Weaver and David Koresh how that is working out for them.

Don't get me wrong. I am a US Army veteran, sworn multiple times to 'defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic'. Sure, there are some left-wing, liberal pukes who make noises about taking away your guns. There is no concerted effort to do so. Proof? The 2A is alive and well, gun sales BOOM every time some LibTard tries to get votes from someone who was already going to vote for them by vomiting gun control crap all over the press. If the day ever comes where the government does not want you to have guns, most to the 95% of gun owners who are law abiding citizens will willingly turn them over. When die-hards who refuse to turn them over are confronted by a well-armed, much superior force, they will either cave, or die. Never lose sight of the fact that your second amendment protects your RIGHT to have a gun. Even at that, it is the government that ALLOWS you to exercise that right. When they stop allowing it, the Constitution has ceased to matter. If I had an ounce of religion, I'd pray for that to never happen.

PS: 4473 is only one way to track gun owners. Ever use your credit card to buy ammo, cleaning supplies, targets, bullets, primers, powder, or anything else gun related? Credit card companies are REQUIRED to categorize purchases. Period. They already know where the guns are, or can find out so quickly your head would spin.

Last edited:

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    First: I’d only keep them in a carry rotation if they worked the same. It is silly, in my opinion to have multiple types of firearms actions as my weapon of choice for any given day. Again, it’s my opinion, your may vary.
    My logic on that aspect is proficiency. I doubt you, well, let me speak for myself, I know I am not as proficient when I switch back and forth. Carry one for a month shooting weekly and for that firearm, I’d be very proficient. Switch back and I would be proficient again in a week or two.
    Not that I don’t have DA/SA & SA & striker fired pistols, I do and enjoy them a lot.
    For CCW though, my BUG matches my main carry pistol for functionality. My deep cover gun matches my open carry or rather, belt carry.

I only carry at 3:00-3:30, IWB or OWB.
    Having multiple carry positions would be the same as pistol functionality for me. Pick one, stick with it, get proficient, switch back after a month or whatever.

Draw, shooting skills, firearms familiarity are perishable skills.
    Exactly my logic for buying the CM9. Long, smooth, DAO trigger pull, just like my Keltec P32. Right front pocket carry, just like my P32. This will make my two primary carry guns DAO. I love the striker-fired P365 & XL, but they scare me enough that I bought both with thumb safeties. I consider AIWB carry close enough to RF pocket carry to be workable. I am NOT putting a striker-fired gun 2 inches from Willy and the baby factory w/o some sort of additional protection. And I never reholster in an AIWB rig. I take the holster off, reholster the gun, put the holster gun combo back in place. I manage femoral artery bleeds for a living. No way I want to see one on me!

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    You said you plan to carry the CM9 as a pocket gun...which I completely understand. I have never been super comfortable stuffing a gun like the P365 and it's light, striker-fired action into a pocket, even with a proper holster, empty pocket, etc. IMO provided you can shoot it well, the CM9 is a better choice for that type of carry.

This leaves you with both a regular P365 and a P365 XL. Since you already have a pocket gun, it would seem that if you're going to carry either of these it will be on a belt. The XL isn't big enough to make much difference over the regular P365 in that type of carry, yet you gain all the benefits of a slightly larger gun (better grip, capacity, longer sight radius, higher muzzle velocity, etc.). The same applies if using it as a backup house gun.

For your purposes, the benefits of the XL far outweigh the slight size increase over the regular 365. If you must sell one, sell the regular P365.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    You said you plan to carry the CM9 as a pocket gun...which I completely understand. I have never been super comfortable stuffing a gun like the P365 and it's light, striker-fired action into a pocket, even with a proper holster, empty pocket, etc. IMO provided you can shoot it well, the CM9 is a better choice for that type of carry.

This leaves you with both a regular P365 and a P365 XL. Since you already have a pocket gun, it would seem that if you're going to carry either of these it will be on a belt. The XL isn't big enough to make much difference over the regular P365 in that type of carry, yet you gain all the benefits of a slightly larger gun (better grip, capacity, longer sight radius, higher muzzle velocity, etc.). The same applies if using it as a backup house gun.

For your purposes, the benefits of the XL far outweigh the slight size increase over the regular 365. If you must sell one, sell the regular P365.
    I agree with you about a 365 in a pocket. I will put it (both 365s have thumb safety) in a large over-coat type pocket, not in my pants. I have Kydex (Amberide) holsters for the P365 and XL. The XL is too long for AIWB, so it is 3-4 o'clock only. I do feel the XL works better in that position, for the same reasons you mention: longer barrel and slide keep it better positioned, 12+1 is better than 10+1 (though both backup mags are 12 rounds. The XL does indeed make a better BU house gun. I actually sold my P320 after acquiring the XL. Your logic is sound for selling the standard P365.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Exactly my logic for buying the CM9. Long, smooth, DAO trigger pull, just like my Keltec P32. Right front pocket carry, just like my P32. This will make my two primary carry guns DAO. I love the striker-fired P365 & XL, but they scare me enough that I bought both with thumb safeties. I consider AIWB carry close enough to RF pocket carry to be workable. I am NOT putting a striker-fired gun 2 inches from Willy and the baby factory w/o some sort of additional protection. And I never reholster in an AIWB rig. I take the holster off, reholster the gun, put the holster gun combo back in place. I manage femoral artery bleeds for a living. No way I want to see one on me!
    I never AIWB, ever. I think it is the most unsafe way to do so. Rule #2 of firearms safety. A thumb safety isn’t going to save you either. It’s just plain unsafe. I’ve been CCW for 40+ years, it’ll never happen on my body, period.
    Again, all the logic about why we choose what we choose goes out the window if a CCW person doesn’t train and then practice what they trained for.
    Shooting proficiently is a perishable skill.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Kahr over P365? Easy. Long, smooth, DAO trigger. I high stress situations, I like the comfort of REQUIRING an intentionally long trigger pull. Grew up on revolvers.

No interest in any type of optics, at all. Call me old, or set in my ways. I've always used iron sights, never struggled with them.

Yep, lots of redundancy between 365 and XL. That is why I am considering letting one of them go. Then again, after all the public mass shootings last weekend, perhaps more guns is better. At least for the good guys.
    Personally, I'd try and stay with the same platform in multiple sizes, etc for each use. If the Kahr replaces the 365, I'd probably sell off the 365 XL as well ( as you mention no interest in optics).

But that's me and I try and stack deep in a specific platform or at least in guns with the same SOP. As Skip said, I carry everything in the same place, type of holster, and same SOP (striker fired, etc).

Sell the outliers (if you are only trying to keep a set of specific defense handguns) and consolidate into same platform/SOP with various sizes, etc. I haven't kept up with Kahr for quite some time. but if they have options that meet your needs in the various situations, then I'd go that path.

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I believe a good option for you would be to sell the xl if you don’t use a red dot and just get a xl frame module and mag to throw your standard fcu and slide on and you have the same
    Gun basically as the xl for like 75 bucks or so. The swap takes less than a minute. I have standard 365. If carrying in pocket I’ll put in standard frame. If carrying iwb it goes in the xl frame with 12 rd mag

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So... Well, then... You honestly believe that if the ATFE shows up at your door with a War Wagon, and a SWAT team, just to take you guns, you have any chance in hell of getting out of that situation with your guns, and your life? Ask Randy Weaver and David Koresh how that is working out for them.

Don't get me wrong. I am a US Army veteran, sworn multiple times to 'defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic'. Sure, there are some left-wing, liberal pukes who make noises about taking away your guns. There is no concerted effort to do so. Proof? The 2A is alive and well, gun sales BOOM every time some LibTard tries to get votes from someone who was already going to vote for them by vomiting gun control crap all over the press. If the day ever comes where the government does not want you to have guns, most to the 95% of gun owners who are law abiding citizens will willingly turn them over. When die-hards who refuse to turn them over are confronted by a well-armed, much superior force, they will either cave, or die. Never lose sight of the fact that your second amendment protects your RIGHT to have a gun. Even at that, it is the government that ALLOWS you to exercise that right. When they stop allowing it, the Constitution has ceased to matter. If I had an ounce of religion, I'd pray for that to never happen.

PS: 4473 is only one way to track gun owners. Ever use your credit card to buy ammo, cleaning supplies, targets, bullets, primers, powder, or anything else gun related? Credit card companies are REQUIRED to categorize purchases. Period. They already know where the guns are, or can find out so quickly your head would spin.
    You may be comfortable with having what you legally own in an illegal database managed by people that wish to disarm you, but I am not. I choose when possible to keep my personal information personal. It does not matter if it's regarding health care, firearms or anything else I choose.

Sure, there are plenty of ways to track gun ownership. But, having only 4 of the 5 firearms you own in their database increases the chance that you'll at least have something left when the law finally gets overturned.

Plus, I don't think the cowards would ever go door to door. But, if they show up at mine, I'm not taking them on in any way outside of the courtroom.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Personally I'd sell the kahr and glock. Heres why.

That leaves you with a pistol for each size category (almost).
    -365XL for the house
    -vanilla 365 for edc.
    -P32 for a pocket gun when nothing else can be worn. Although I highly recommend you upgrade that to an LCP

With that combination you can stockpile the same mags between your house gun and edc. Also share similar holsters. And same ammo. If these three points don't mean much to you then I'd ditch the 365XL and keep the G21 to fill your full size HD role.

Top Bottom