• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I bought 'The new Ipad" last Friday. I've been playing with it for a week now and so far I really like it. Surfing the web works well as does the couple of games I've found that I like. I've downloaded one movie (No Country for Old Men) and now I'm kind of stumped. From the fanfare it seems like there must be hundreds of other uses for it that I'm unaware of. I've searched through the App Store but haven't really found much of use to me.

What are you guys/gals doing with yours? Anything I'm missing?

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Face Time is pretty cool if you know someone with another iPad or iPhone that has it. I bought my mom one for her birthday and she mostly just uses it as an e-reader to read books and magazines on it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I hate mobile websites but there are several website apps that I find much easier to use than the real site. eBay is one of them. If you have directv, their app is nice. I like the wimp.com approach for cool videos. Craigslist app is much easier to use than the real site.

I love my iPad and couldn't imagine going without it. I seldom use my desktop. For our Florida trip, I bought the camera connection kit and downloaded our pictures daily. Get the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and you can type just like a laptop.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I use Evernote for meetings and other notes I want to access from my computer.
    I use DS File to access our company fileserver and work on files from there.
    I use Netflix to stream movies
    I use Feeddler to read RSS feeds
    I use tapatalk to browse forums quickly

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've heard people use their android tablet (I assume it would work with an Ipad) and a $20 blue tooth OBDII adapter and make a heads up display for their car. Using a Torque application it reads the computer info from your car. Part of the application blocks out the background so the gages reflect on the windshield. I've seen one pic the guy posted (at night so it works better) and I was amazed.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Going to websites with Flash. Wait no. That won't work. :)

But seriously, I enjoy the tablet platform for Netflix viewing. Also enjoy the Game Rewind during NFL season.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Kindle for iPad
    Amazon.com

I have a couple of real estate/landlording apps.

Lots of educational ones for the kids.

PBS, but it's been slow and I have a crappy 3G connection from my home so I don't use it that often.

Pilot/Flying J for locating diesel pumps when we're out and about and outside of our normal territory.

We've got on that tells us our speed. I already have a quasi- heads up display with the CTS monitoring the truck's temps, so if there's an app to let the iPad do that with a connection to the OBII port, you will have soooooo much fun, particularly if it lets you pick different parameters. Just be careful, you can spend too much time watching it and not enough watching the road.

A few exercise/nutrition apps.

A grocery/meal planning app.

A few homeschool apps for logistics.

I had trouble figuring out what to download at first as well. But I've found it's kind of fun just to type in a search word and see what pops up. At the bottom of every app page there's a 'What other people who bought this app have purchased'. You can leap frog from one point to another and find yourself in some unusual places.

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    iExit is great for traveling. It show what is on each exit as you travel. Great for looking ahead for places to stop.

Shooter and Nosler Ballistics tables for keeping track of balistic tables

Legal Heat for checking firearms laws state to state. Also has maps for permit recognition for state to state.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Devour for not having to search through millions of videos for awesome videos, GoSkyWatch Planetarium for fun with space, TED and iTunes U to increase my knowledge, Police Scanner+ for listening to your co-workers, and FartPianoFreeHD for entertaining my son...ok for entertaining myself and my son. Netflix for catching up on movies and shows. All my music and the Kindle app with a bunch of classic books for offline entertainment.

Otherwise, internet browsing, WTHR Weather and News apps for their obvious reasons, Facetime with family, storing .pdfs with important info in iBooks.

I'm with you, though. I don't know that I'm using my iPad to it's full potential, but then again, I'm only using free apps (yes, all the apps I have are free) and there are lots more that I could probably use and don't know about.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    I bought 'The new Ipad" last Friday. I've been playing with it for a week now and so far I really like it. Surfing the web works well as does the couple of games I've found that I like. I've downloaded one movie (No Country for Old Men) and now I'm kind of stumped. From the fanfare it seems like there must be hundreds of other uses for it that I'm unaware of. I've searched through the App Store but haven't really found much of use to me.

What are you guys/gals doing with yours? Anything I'm missing?

Tap Newstand, Tap Store, Subscribe to Kandy and Maxim, that is all. You are welcome.

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    It's great for reading books that can be downloaded from many different book apps (i.e. Kobo, Kindle, etc...). I also enjoy playing Deer Hunter Reloaded. If you are a facebook person, it is good for that. You can put your email acct in and have that delivered to you. Download the iTube app and you can save Youtube videos to your iPad. Have fun and explore.

Top Bottom